Ch 11 : Unexpected Encounter

Alora p.o.v

It has been a few days and now I can finally walk around on my own without everyone watching me like hawks. They seem different like they know something but aren't saying anything, even Marco has stopped saying mean comments although his glaring eyes are always on me. I even met Zena, who has claimed me as her bestie, she's nice and we just clicked.

~Flashback (A few days before) ~

I sat on my bed bored because no one will let me do anything and they all are busy even though sometimes they all come and sit and we watch movies or talk about random things. Just then the door opens and I already knew it was Bruno because Alexander, Nicolo and Vincenzo always knock, Marco never comes here. Luca and Lorenzo always knock with a tune and then there is Bruno who never knocks.

I already knew it was Bruno but I did not expect to see a girl behind him. She was tall and walked with such confidence anyone would be intimidated. I sat up straight as they entered and Bruno gave me a heartwarming smile, while the woman behind him did the same and I returned them with a soft smile.

"Hey, sweetheart! this is Zena, she's a family friend and she is also around our age plus she was very eager to meet you" Bruno says with a grin. Zena walked from behind him to where I was sitting and said "Hi! I'm Zena, your Alora right?"

"Ya, I'm Alora! it's nice to meet you." I whisper with a smile.

"Okay you guys talk, do you want anything to eat?" Bruno questions while walking towards the door. "Just bring some snacks," Zena says, looking back at him.

"Okay sweetie" Bruno says with a mischievous grin to which Zena grabs a pillow and whips it at him making him run out of my room. I chuckled at that knowing me and Zena are going to get along well.

~Flashback End~

Today is my first day at my new school, my heart is beating as fast as a train which is making me more nervous. I walk downstairs after getting ready only to find my dad and my oldest brother Alexander sitting and eating. I sit in my usual seat and question "Why isn't anyone here?"

"Oh, they are still sleeping," Dad replies. Dad, such a foreign word for me, a simple word that has started becoming a feeling nowadays. Unwillingly, I am starting to trust them even if I don't want to but I am and it's scaring me to hell. "Why are they still sleeping when it's almost time for school?" I ask putting away my thoughts. "They are like that, would you like to go with them or should I drop you off?" Xan asks. Bruno suggested I call him that because according to him Xander won't mind me calling him that but of course I don't say that in front of him. After eating I follow Xander to his car and we drive off.

During the ride, we talked about the most random things like favorite places, favorite food etc. "What's your fav. color?" He asked. "Honestly, I like every color. What about you?" I answered his question. "I don't have any," he answered. I look at him in shock! How can someone not have a favorite color? Just like that we talked and it felt pleasant, until that one question. "How was your childhood?" He asks, looking straight ahead while keeping a straight face. "Fine" I answered looking out the window. Fine, such a manipulative word.. has a different meaning but used in situations where it shouldn't and yet no one questions it.

When we reached the school and I got out, the building looked more like a castle than a school. I look to see Zena running towards me, she runs and hugs me tightly. "Hey! you're here. Come, I'll show you around" she says excitedly. "Take care of her, I will come to pick you up, Alora." Xander says, making me nod and with that I leave with Zena who took me around the school. We walked around a bit as she showed me around.