Ch 14 : Apologies

I love this song, and I really think it matches this chapter and how Alora is feeling throughout. Enjoy!

Alora p.o.v

A wave of remorse hit me as I walked back to my room and for the rest of the night I was drowning in my guilt.

Waking up the next day felt torture as the only thought roaming in my head was how disappointed everyone is in me, now they are going to kick me out. My heart broke thinking that everything they gave me, the respect, privacy and most importantly love will end in a few minutes. The pain felt different this time almost as if I wanted the pain to go away.

Living with my mother taught me things I didn't need to learn, I had learned how to live with the pain over the years.. It was like an old friend who visited me every now and then, reminding me of everything I had lost. Sometimes it was gentle, sometimes it was harsh, but it always left a mark.

I sat in my bed as a war started inside me, a war of my mind and heart. A war of two worlds, two perspectives.

They are gonna punish us.

But they won't do that.

Of course they will, don't believe their words. It's all lies.

It's not, you know them. They will never.

You disappointed them and now they will disappoint you.

They won't, they care!

Why are you so stupid? No one cares!

They do!

They don't, they can't because you're not worth it!

They care, they love you!

Can anyone really love you..?

I cover my ears to stop the knowledge I already knew. A silent scream leaves my mouth as tears fall from my eyes despite my attempts to stop them. I cover my mouth so no one hears me, gasping for air. I lean against my headboard wondering if I would ever come back here again or not and I sit there crying not knowing the time that passed. Eventually, the tears come to a halt. I sigh before getting up to get ready.

Soft knocking snaps me out of my thoughts, my trembling hands reach for the handle and slowly open the door to find Lorenzo waiting for me with a smile that calms her nerves. "Let's go..eat" he whispers softly. I give him a small yes and follow him downstairs.

My last meal in this house.

I sat and everyone started eating. It was quiet which I liked as it gave me time to register my thoughts. First time I came to this house I made a promise to myself that I would never get attached to any member of this house no matter what relationship we shared. Despite making this promise I built a relationship with everyone in this house, got attached to every brick of this house. Now, while I leave this house I am gonna make another promise to myself which would only be broken by death. A promise to live in the memories of this house, of these people.

"Well, Lorenzo and Alora. You two can come to my office once your done eating and Lorenzo don't try to run away again." Dad said sternly walking away. I couldn't eat and neither could Lorenzo apparently so we headed to dad's office. Lorenzo nudged me forward and I let out a shaky breath. Before opening the door I turned around and saw Lorenzo's gentle and comforting smile that gave me enough strength to walk in.

"Come sit" Dad said as we walked and sat in Front of him. Alexander, Vincenzo and Luca walk in a while after.

"So-" Before dad could say anything Lorenzo cuts him off "Dad, did you ditch your date?" He questioned making dad gasp "I- well shit."

"Why did you come back?" Lorenzo asks clearing tempted for the answer

"My kids are always my first priority, I would leave a thousand dates just for you guys." Dad whispers softly.

"You clearly like this person" Lorenzo questions intrigued. "Yes, I- " Dad stops himself as if catching on to Lorenzo's plan. "Don't change the topic Lorenzo! Anyway, both of you are grounded and on cleaning duty. Lorenzo you are not using your car for this month and Alora you're banned from the library for this month as well. No-" Lorenzo interrupts him again while I sit frozen waiting for the 'just kidding' but it doesn't come. That's it..? That was all..? But I disappointed them, they have to punish me so why aren't they..?

"But Dadd, I need my car. How am I supposed to go everywhere?" Lorenzo yelled, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Not my problem, ask your brother's for all I care" Dad says scrunching up his face making Lorenzo gasp and mumble something along the lines of 'I'd rather die'. My eyes connect with my Dad's and as if realizing something he tells everyone to get out. My heart beats faster than before and this was the moment for my actual punishment. I wait for the words 'no food and water for a week' or 'a night in the basement' or maybe the beatings. I shuddered as those thoughts ran around my mind.

I look up at dad only to find him looking at me softly, he gets up and walks towards me as I sit there basically shaking like a leaf. Dad walks around his table towards me turning my chair so that I face him, he squats down in front of me and gives me a soft smile.

"As a teenager, I can understand that you want to go out there, enjoy and live life fully but as fun as that sounds it can sometimes be dangerous too. I want you to have as much fun as you want but as you know that we own a lot of businesses right." Dad says, making me nod "And some people don't want to see us succeed. Alora out of topic but there will always be people that want to pull you down but if you give up and let them throw you on the ground then they succeed and if you react to them then they also succeed so the best solution is listen to the criticism, learn and grow that's the best way to shut them down. Now the people that want to destroy us can go to any lengths to get what they want, they can and are able to hurt anyone to get what they want. Following?" He questions making me nod.

"So, wherever you go somewhere please give me or your older brothers a text just so we know your whereabouts." Dad continues "Also, no matter what you do everyone in this house will always love you, we love you too much to see you upset. You're my daughter, my most treasured jewel, my most precious. Your my whole world Alora so are your brothers, I can and will do everything just to keep you safe and smiling." Dad says giving me a loving gaze making almost all my doubts disappear. "Now let's go, I'm pretty sure Lorenzo is throwing another tantrum" He says, making me chuckle and stand. Dad wraps his arm around me and hugs me as we walk out of the room.

They do love me, but till how long..? Would they still be the same when they find out the truth..?

Pushing away these thoughts I simply just smile. My smile remains through the whole day while the only thought I focused on was that

They love me!

Author's note

Oof, such a emotional chapter. Well thoughts...?

I wanted in this chapter to show how her past still haunting her :(

Anyway how are you...?

Quote of the day:

Every blessing comes with a curse.