Ch 23 : Stalker?

Alexander P.O.V

"I'm fine" She repeats the same words like their on loop. White lies! I hear past all her 'okay' and 'fine'. Something was bothering my baby sister and it was killing me knowing I couldn't do anything to get rid of her problems.

"What's wrong?" I whisper softly wishing she would tell me.

"Nothing" She gave me a small smile but hidden behind that smile was pain, lots and lots of pain.

Before I could say anything, her phone started to ring. Looking at the caller ID her face forms an automatic smile. Elias!

My eyes narrowed as I stared at her phone. How dare that kid call my sister and how dare he call her in front of me!

"Stop thinking of killing my partner" Alora scolds picking up the phone.

Partners? When did that happen? Why did no one tell me?

"I'll call you in a bit okay" She says putting it on speaker giving me a reassuring smile.

"Why is bloody Mary Xander there?" I hear his ugly gross voice screech. That fucking leech! I swear..

Wait- HE DID NOT JUST SAY THAT! The fuck!

Alora taps her phone so fast, I think it cracked. She looks at me, smiling sheepishly. I clench my jaw waiting to see Elias so my fist can connect with his ugly ass face.

"Partner's?" I question composing myself.

She nods "He's my art partner"

"Hm"

"I'm okay Xan, I'm okay" it sounded like she was reassuring herself rather than me.

Walking out of her room, I can't help but feel as if I had failed her.

Before I could drown in my sorrows, my phone rings. Pulling it out of my pocket I see the caller ID and a smile forms onto my face before I could stop it.

Elena..

"Hello" I answered, picking up the call, "Hii" her calming voice replied.

"Can we meet today? At the same place we usually do?" She asked "I-It's okay if you're busy" She added after.

I never knew any sound could be so beautiful until I heard her voice..

What the fuck!

"Hello?"

"Sorry, yeah. I'm coming right now, is that okay?"

"Oh yea! See you then" She ends the call and I quickly make my way downstairs towards my car.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" Vincenzo blocked my way.

"I have to be somewhere important" I said trying to go around him

"Dad's out for a meeting so, we have to meet the DaSilva's today in 2 hours" He informed me, making me freeze. "You're going soft Xander, I hope you don't forget the oath we took" he whispered while walking away.

I stood frozen in my spot. The DaSilva's were important people and dad left me in charge. I couldn't mess up. I pulled out my phone to tell Elena I couldn't come but as I opened her contact I see an unread message.

Thanks for making time. Means a lot! See ya :)

-----

I stand in front of the cafe we usually meet at. My phone rings again, probably Vincenzo. He had been calling me non stop.

"What" I yell picking up the phone.

"You seriously left," His grumpy voice replied.

"I told you this was important"