Ch 7 : Bonding

Alora p.o.v

I had to stop my hands from trembling, had to stop my tears from flowing, had to ease the pain in my heart before they see but I can't, my heart is hurting making my chest ache, the tears kept flowing making my hands shake. 

My knees gave up and I slid down my room's door and on instinct my hand covered my mouth so no one could hear my sobs. The room starts closing in on me and suddenly I can't breath, I try standing up but fall on my side and I start gasping for air. My lungs were contracting and my body was in full panic mode, everything was happening too quickly. 

There was a light knock on my door "Alora neonata (Baby) can I come in?" a soft voice says in a whisper but I couldn't focus on it. I was still gasping for air. The door slightly opens and I see Luca peek in but as soon as he sees me he is by my side. He slowly sat beside me "Shh, count with me from 10, you start" 

"10" My voice barely audible 

"9" He whispers softly 

"8" 

"7"

"6"

"5" 

"4" 

"3" 

"2"

"1" 

I was shaking but not from the cold, the tears wouldn't stop. "Is it okay if I can hug you?" He asks softly, giving me puppy eyes. I slightly just nod at him and he hugs me. A hug full of comfort, something I experienced for the first time today. "Breathe with me, listen to my heartbeats" he says rocking me back and forth. I try mimicking his breathing while I listen to his heartbeats. 

"I just wanted to say that we all really care about you, some of us might not show it but we do" he whispers gently like he's singing a lullaby. He starts to hum a song almost making me sleep but I quickly get up to ask "Why did you come here" I questioned him now that I was calmer than before. 

"I wanted to check on you and do you like chocolate" he answers 

"I do like chocolate" I tell him and he simply just smiles at that. "Okay well this is gonna be our little secret, imma go and make us both a chocolate milkshake then we will hang out and maybe watch a movie. What do you think?" He asks and I nod at him. With that he gets up leaving me alone but after a short while there is a knock on my door and in comes Bruno holding a bag of chocolates. He walks in and gives me a side hug "hey, Tesoro (treasure) how are you" he says softly 

"Fine" such a word shouldn't exist because am I really fine? or am I just fine in front of them? 

"I bought chocolates for you" he says giving me an award winning smile, his smile really is contagious because I catch myself smiling "Thanks. He kneels in front of me and holds my hands "you are so strong and such a badass" he says. 

"But what if I am not and I just show everyone that I am a cold, strong emotionless person but in reality I a-am just scared. Scared of getting hurt, scared of attachments. " My voice cracks and tears fill my eyes. 

"That's okay, everyone gets scared because we are humans. So what, if you are scared because being scared doesn't mean you are not strong. A person who doesn't get scared isn't human, a person who hasn't been in pain hasn't lived at all and a heart that has never been broken isn't a heart." he says giving me a small sad smile as his eyes watered. I register his words but when they find out the truth will they still love me the same, will they be this caring or will they be disgusted because judgment and disgust are very easy to show but love and care aren't.

"Well, I gotta go. I can stay if you want?" he asks. "It's okay" my voice was just a whisper. He gives me a hug and walks out. His words replay in my head and so do all the things mother said. There is a knock on the door snapping me out of my thoughts. "Come in Luc- Lorenzo?" I sit there confused while Lorenzo and Vincenzo walk in. "Hey sweetheart, we came to give you candy and snacks" Lorenzo says with a grin while Vincenzo just gives me a small nod. "Um.. thanks" I honestly didn't know what to say. 

"Have you been crying?" Vincenzo says. I look at him shocked. This has to be the only thing he said after telling me his name. "Omg, love, have you been crying because of Marco. I swear to god he is dying by hand someday" Lorenzo says, getting angry. I made him mad, he will hit me now, I start gasping again. 

"Shh, amore (Love) it's okay he isn't mad at you" Vincenzo says calmly sitting beside me. I try my hardest not to cry again, "I am sorry Alora, I can never be mad at you" Lorenzo reassures. They sat close to me for a little while and then they had to leave as well. 

There is a slight knock again, but it's not Luca. Nicolo and Alexander walk in holding a bag of gummies each. I tilt my head to the side in confusion, the snacks Vincenzo, Lorenzo and Bruno brought me are still sitting beside me. "Hay, we came to check on you. Marco is difficult and I apologize for that" Nicolo says, giving me a smile and handing me both their gummy bags, after checking on me I tell them to go and sleep. 

Nicolo leaves but Alexander stays behind, he comes and sits beside me and we both sit in silence. "Marco didn't mean what he said, he just got angry" Alex says, breaking the silence. "hmm, does that give him a right?" I responded. 

"No, not at all. Being angry never gives a right to someone so they can hurt another person but that's how people are some silent, some angry, I promise it won't happen again" He says softly. "Yea" I say. With that he gets up and leaves. I sit in silence staring at all the things they gave me, so many questions arise in my mind but the main one is why? Why are they doing all this? Why are they so nice to me, no one has ever been nice to me. So, I don't know if I should be grateful or suspicious, but perhaps Marco is right, maybe I am ungrateful. Just then my door opens and in walks Luca, finally. "Sorry, I didn't knock, my hands are kinda full at the moment" he says walking towards me with two milkshakes in his hands.

The milkshakes:

Now, I understand why he was taking so long

Now, I understand why he was taking so long. Just at the site of milkshakes my mouth watered. I quickly took mine and drank a sip, all different flavors danced on my tongue and every chocolate flavor exploded. It was the most delicious thing ever. "It's really, really good, Luca." I compliment him, he smiles and says thank you. 

For the rest of the night, we talked to each other, ate snacks. Luca did ask where I got them from, I simply just chuckled at that and then watched a movie. I don't know when I drifted off into my dreamland but before I did, Luca kissed my head and said "I am really happy you are here Alora, my baby sister. You are the missing piece in our lives" and with that my mind shuts down and I drift off.

Author's note

Hayy!! How did you like this chapter? Hoped you enjoyed it.

Quote of the day:

I dress to impress myself.