Once Bitten

The weather takes a turn for the worse as the temperature continues to drop and more storms roll in

The weather takes a turn for the worse as the temperature continues to drop and more storms roll in. This morning, Eben awakens to the sound of thunder crashing outside and the drumming of rain on the roof of the cave.

It's been a few days since Eben's daring night-time escapade. As grateful as Adder seemed that Eben had survived, he'd been giving the half-elf the cold shoulder lately.

Eben couldn't blame him, honestly. Despite the fact he held true to his opinion Adder was being pig-headed about defending the town, the redhead still feels guilty for using magic on him.

As he heads into the living room, he debates how he could make it up to the gorgon. He wants to apologize, but would the monster even believe Eben that it was out of his control?

The half-elf doesn't want Adder to think Eben is like Sheppard...the last thing he wants is to hurt the gorgon with this unwieldy power.

As he enters the living area, he spots Daisy chopping something in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Daisy."

The blonde jumps at the sound of Eben's voice, scowling at him. She brings a finger to her lips, pointing at the sleeping gorgon.

Eben ignores her warning, crouching before his slumbering friend and flicking the bells on his horns. "Adder, wake up. We need to check your wounds."

Adder groans, swatting Eben's hands away as he curls under the covers more. Daisy frowns, hands coming to her hips.

"Before you worry about him, you should be worrying about your own injuries."

Eben ignores the blonde, stealing the covers off Adder with a flourish. "As I said, I heal fast. If you just give me a little while to avoid heavy labor, I'll be right as rain. Until then, I can handle grumpy scales over here."

Adder hisses in protest as Eben lightly pats the gorgon's face. "C'mon Adder, at least roll over so I can take a look."

Adder rolls onto his back, yawning as Eben gently removes the bandages. He's relieved at the improved condition of the gorgon's wounds. Several have closed, leaving just faint pink lines, while the gash across his chest has shrunk considerably.

Sterilizing his hands, Eben opens the jar of salve and spreads it gently over the remaining raw areas. The gorgon groans softly at the burn, but seems to sigh in relief as Eben rewraps his wounds.

With a sigh of his own, Eben moves on to check his own injuries.

The bruises spotting his body are fading to a mottled yellow, and the shallow cuts have started to scab over. However, the slice taken out of his side is a different story. It would probably take the rest of the month to heal.

Pulling off his tunic gingerly, the half-elf unwraps the bandages and presses the herbal concoction into his wounds. Like Adder, Eben can't suppress a small groan at the sting the medicinal salve.