Merry as a Lark

Traditionally, Adder's preferred way to spend Koranalia is to simply give an offering at his homely little altar, enjoy the springtime sunshine, and perhaps indulge in a feast of fresh springtime fruit

Traditionally, Adder's preferred way to spend Koranalia is to simply give an offering at his homely little altar, enjoy the springtime sunshine, and perhaps indulge in a feast of fresh springtime fruit. However, now with Eben's plan in the mix, he awakens on the morning of the holiday with his heart aflutter with nervous excitement. When the time finally comes for them to depart for the village, his tail thumps nervously. Eben smiles, giving a reassuring hug.

"Don't worry, glamors aren't difficult to cast. If I do it improperly, the worst that will happen is that you'll look ridiculous for a spell."

"It won't dispel randomly, will it?"

"No, it shouldn't. The way it works, is, the magic plays off of how people expect to perceive you. You should be fine, just don't do anything that might give away you aren't human, like tripping someone with your tail."

"All right, I understand. I'm ready..."

Eben grins, his tattoo ablaze with a golden incandescence that leaps across the cavernous walls. With a gentle touch, he places his hands on Adder's bicep and Merlyn's head. In a heartbeat, their forms are cocooned in ethereal, silky planes of light. They swirl until all three monsters are encased in the warm and tingly cascade of magic.

Amidst the currents of light, Merlyn squeals and stretches her wings out. The light weaves between her feathers, sinking into them weightlessly before moving further down to wrap around her legs. The ethereal fabric-like waves of magic similarly wrap around his horns and descend in ribbon-like waves down his body. As the brilliance intensifies, he's forced to squeeze his eyes shut.

When he senses the magic is finally dimming, he cracks his eyes open to peek down at Merlyn.. She giggles in his arms, kicking out a very human looking foot. Adder pokes it, but is surprised to find he can still feel her little talons.

"It's a glamor, Adder. Like I said, you'll only look human," Eben explains.

Adder looks up to study the half-elf. His eyes remain the same gold-tinged hazel, but his red hair has been dimmed to a strawberry blonde, his ears dulled to round points, and the scar in the corner of his mouth faded away.

Adder reaches forward. He studies his own hand as it caresses Eben's face. Adder's thumb, now with a blunted human nail, sweeps against the soft skin. He finds the scar there, the texture of it slightly raised and smooth.

"You could've left the scar. I like how roguish it makes you look." Adder says.

Eben smiles, leaning into the touch. "Do you want to see how you look?"

When Adder nods, Eben lifts his hand to point at the cave wall. The air shimmers with magic as the stone becomes a glimmering mirror-like surface.

Adder stares in shock as three humans stare back at him. It takes him a moment to realize the tall, dark haired man is him. He looks...normal now. No horns, no tail, no claws—he gives a toothy grin to find even his fangs are being obscured by the glamor. The only monstrous trait that remains is his eyes—they're still a burning red. Adder's image of his humanity wavers as the illusion is broken.