chapter 3 : she is the new renter

Rudra

I had got a call from home a few days back about amma bring ill , listening to the news I was worried and wanted to come back home .

Tara is the only one who stays with her and take care of things when amma is not well, which is most these days.

I have told both of them to leave that old house and stay with me but amma always refuse my offer, the house is an ancestral house where my amma came after getting married, she and my grandfather have a lot of happy memories in that house. After the death of my grandfather and parents she started renting the rooms in the house to people who came to Banaras.

She really enjoys taking care of people , just like she took care of me and Tara after our parents passed away. So whenever we had a argument about the living arrangement , amma would shut me up by saying " let the old lady be happy in her final days. "

I was on call with Tara when the lady in the train took my headphones off , I was angry as Tara was talking about amma's health and because she took the headphones off i could not listen what she was telling me .

Stepping out of the coach , I could finally talk to Tara again .

" Were you smoking again " she questions in a angry tone.

" No , i was not "

" Bro , stop lying . I know you were smoking. You promised you will quit your habit."

She cut the call after this conversation, I really hate that lady in the train.

******

When I reached home it felt nice being back , when I entered the house Tara welcome me with a tight hug.

" I missed you Bhai (brother) "

" I missed you too . How is amma ?"

" She is sleeping in her room , she is better than a few days back . "

" She will be alright in no time don't worry ."

The last coment was more for me than for Tara .

I was distracted by bags kept in the courtyard , they were oddly familiar but i could not understand why.

Seeing me looking at the bags , Tara told me that was bags of the new guest who was renting the room for a month . Our conversation came to a halt when the house help told Tara that the room was really for the guest.
Listening to that , she started moving towards the bags .

" I will carry it to the room , i am anyway going to my room upstairs"

" Thanks bro " Tara smile at me .

I sometimes think how can a 20 year manage all this work herself and even focus on her studies . I am proud of her .

I placed the luggage in the guest room and went to my room .

I was tired and wanted to take a bath, doing the same I went to the washroom. When my shower was finished , I entered the room to get chanced but was welcomed by a loud scream. I turned around to see ... The lady from the train.

" Why are you here" she screamed.

" What do you mean , why I am here , why are you here "

To be honest , I was a little scared of that screm and then seeing what was her name .....Shalini , I was shocked.

Listening to all this chaos , Tara came running to my room.

" Bro is there a problem , Shalini are you fine ." She asked looking at both of us .

" Why is he in my room " Shalini enquiry .

" This is my room " I was done with this lady .

"Shalini , this is not your room . I asked you to go to the room on the right ."

This made Shalini have a confused expression on her face and then she looked embarrassed.

She apologized to me and Tara for her mistake and went to her room , as she went Tara looked at me for explanation.

" Do you know each other, she was not happy to see you here . Did you do something "

" No , why will i do anything. We were in same coach in the train , I don't know her personally."

" She is the new renter so try to solve whatever problem you both have , I don't want trouble in the house " she made her point clear

" Yes ma'am " i commented half seriously and half joking . She is my little sister but act as if i was her Little brother .

.....
Show love and support , vote and comment .

Just wanted to change the pov ,so please let me know if you guys liked it .

Hope you all liked the chapter 💜