chapter 11 : the past

Rudra

2nd year of college

" You are crazy, Disha is the prettiest girl in college and you rejected her " Madhav said looking at me

We were sitting in Pappu bhaiya's shop after the crazy proposal, the thing is that Disha had proposed to me today .

She is a famous girl in our college, even 1st and 3rd year students have gotten rejected by her. And my dear friend Madhav is on the list too .

Apparently she had feeling for me and proposed to me Infront of all the students . I rejected her and now I am being lectured by my friend and her so called lover .

" I never thought of her as something more than friend"

Pappu bhaiya came to our table with our special chai ( it just had extra elichi in it but we called it special) .

" What have you done Rudr Bhai , everyone who has come here from your college has been talking about you "

Madhav gave me a look and then started explaining the problem to Pappu bhaiya ( it was not a actually problem).

" He has never dated , Pappu bhaiya can you imagine"

" Not true , I dated Riya in first year and few others in school remember " .

" But you were never serious and ended things quite quickly, your words not mine " Madhav said raising his eyes .

It was true , I never dated seriously.

" Why do you do this ,today you will have to tell "

Both Madhav and Pappu bhaiya were looking at me for an answer. I had never told anyone about this but I decided to tell the truth.

" I have someone I like and if I ever marry someone she will be the one . "

" Who" Madhav said impatiently.

" It's a long story " I replied, I did not want to share the life story

" I don't have a girlfriend and you rejected one , we are not going to the classes now , we have no where else to be , start the story "

"Fine " I had to tell know if not Madhav would have started crying and emotional blackmail me into telling ( he is a woman I swear)

" After my parents died ,my grandparents took me and Tara with them in our ancestral home. My father's old friend stayed with us for the time being. I was 11 and Tara was only 5 years old when it happened.

I couldn't take there death and decided to take my own too , I was about to jump from the roof when a girl cane ,out of no where and told me not to do it . ( She actually scolded me , but I will never tell Madhav that , he will never stop teasing me about it )"
.....

Flashback :
[the above song for extra effect ]

" What are you trying to do " a angelic voice came from behind me.

I looked at her , I had no idea who she was but then she started scolding me.

" Hello, are you here on earth . Don't jump, your Amma and baba( grandfather) love you a lot , what will they do if they see you like that and your sister is also there . She has lost her parents and now you will take her brother too "