chapter 19 : mission matchmakers

Shalini

I was send to Banaras to do this interview and final I got the chance.

Pulkit Singh is a sensation , he is not just popular in Banaras but all over the country. He is a politician , businessman, works in NGOs ...you name he is probably doing it.

He is so young but people of all ages are so easily influenced by him . He is a great leader and a person who do good things for his society.

When I got the call from his office , I was so happy .This interview was hard to do as Mr. Pulkit was always busy and didn't indulge with media.

After a long time when finally when we got to know he was back home , I was send here and was told to stay in Banaras till I get the interview done .

I called his office countless times just so I could talk to him and finally I was here in front of his bungalow

I rang the bell when a man in his 50s came and welcomed me in . He was Mr. Pulkit's PA .

After some time I came to face to face with the man himself.  He was tall , had a well cut beard and was wearing a suit that well suited his personality.

In short he was perfect .

" Sir , she is here for the interview" his PA said to Mr. Pulkit.

Mr. Pulkit nodded at his PA and he left us alone in the garden.

" Good morning sir" I wished him.

" Good morning to you too but drop the sir please, I fell old when someone called me that especially when they are not working for me ." He said laughing

I laughed too at his worlds , it was true he was just few years older than me , one of the other reasons I was selected for this interview. Apparently upper bosses wanted a new age interview whatever that was .

" Have a sit " he said to me pointing towards the chair which was opposite to his .

" So how are you this pretty" he asked as I was preparing for the interview.

I smiled at him " thanks for the compliment but may I ask you how are you this handsome"

To my question he started laughing
" I knew interview with you will be special " he said more to himself but his gaze never left me .

....

It was the best interview I have ever taken . Pulkit had made me very comfortable during the interview , he joked in between which added to his personality.

He made me drop Mr. too saying that he was just 2 years older than me and I didn't need to speak to him like he was a old man who needed others to show him respect.

At the end of the interview it was proposed by him that I could join him and write more about his day to day activities. Which was a bonus. My boss would go crazy if I tell him that .

" So meet you tomorrow" he said at the end . He was walking me towards the gates . Such a gentleman.

" Yes " I said facing him .

.....
I was still thinking about the interview while walking towards the main road so that I could get an auto rickshaw when I heard a voice from behind.

"Mrs. need a ride"  the voice was deep and scared the shit out of me .

Today I will die , I don't want to die , this is the reason Seema tells me to focus on the road when I am on it and not go in an imaginary world. She told me once to be aware of the creeps on the road and be attentive of my surroundings and today I will be facing consequences of not listening to her.