chapter 23: cheesy Mr.. Trying to impress

Shalini

" Eat some more , you are not eating anything" ma said looking at Madhav and Rudra .

I had no clue that my parents will be coming to the station. At present we were at their home and having breakfast. Papa told us to get fresh and rest before we leave of our respective houses.

I moved out of this house when I got my first job just after college, Seema too got a internship and we rented a house together. It was strange being back in my old room and seeing nothing was Changed.

After changing into fresh clothes. I joined everyone on the dining table and saw aloo parathas with butter and curd. It was my all time favorite.

Ma and papa were sitting on the opposite sides of the table while Madhav and Seema were on the same said leaving the chair next to Rudra empty . I sat next to him and he passed me a plate and parathas .

I took one and started eating, they tasted the same as I remembered them . They were soft and full of flavor.

" Ma they are the best " I said smiling at her .

" Glad you like them " she said smiling back .

.....

" Will anyone like tea " ma asked from the kitchen.

After breakfast it started raining and the we decided to stay a bit long. Papa offered that he will later on give them a ride to there place.

" Ma, can I make the tea " Rudra asked

" Beta you are a guest and I can't let you do that" my mother said politely

" You called me your son and then you say I am your guest , let me make it . I promise I make good tea " he said going into kitchen.

" Can you be a little lest cheesy " Seema commented on his sentence

" I agree, they are already have given Shalini's hand in marriage to you. Who you trying to impress now" Madhav said joining in with Seema

Rudra just smiled and said " you guys are just jealous"

" Tea is actually real good and too top it of I am seeing Shalini drinking tea for the first time" papa said looking at me

" It's Rudra's magic, husbands do that to you " ma said taking another sip of her tea .

I choked while everyone started laughing at her comment, Rudra just smiled and rubbed my back to ease my coughing.

....

" Hi party people" Niki said when she say us outside her house.

" Hi , miss bride" we all wished her and then I and Seema hugged her tightly.

" Look who is here" she said looking at Rudra and they greeted each other

" You must be Madhav , hope these idiots did not say anything bad about me and if they did they are just crazy ignore them" she said looking at Madhav who was annoying shy at the moment.

Seema and I decided to meet Niki's parents and congratulate them for the wedding.

" So where is your Mr. Shalini dear. Your parents mentioned you got a husband" Niki's mother asked

I looked at Rudra who was talking to Niki and called him over

" Aunty this is my husband and soon to be husband... Rudra " I said know too well that my parents had told her the full story about how I got married and they want to hold the wedding soon , so I decided to introduce him as such.

" He is handsome" she said and blessed us.

....

It is getting annoying... Rudra has a grin from ear to ear every since I introduced him to Niki's mother.

I tried to ignore him and found the love birds talking...

I laughed when Niki passed by me and winked me with her mischievous smile.

By that one look I knew that Madhav and Seema will be a couple at the end of this trip... It's Niki's magic.

....

" Let's go ... Delhi is waiting for us " Niki shouted exiting the house gate.

At the moment I knew it's going to be 'fun'