chapter 16 : chai sutta and secrets

Rudra

I couldn't sleep, after that moment Shalini and I shared on the ghat , whenever I closed my eyes I could see her , feel her in my hands .

The note that Madhav had put for me last night saying ' happy night with the wife , take my Bhabhi home safe u crazy man ' did not help much.

Why was she there last night, I never got to ask her that but one thing was clear to me .Even if I like her it doesn't mean she likes me too .

She is not comfortable with our real marriage , earlier she was helping me but now things have changed.

'I need a cigarette and tea' I thought to myself and decided to go with the plan . I got up from the bed and started searching for my pack of cigarettes.

My stupid brain was again thinking about Shalini, she don't like cigarette and smoking in general . I stopped smoking whenever she was around and now I don't even remember when my last puff was .

I found my pack in the drawer of my desk . I opened the pack only to find it empty, I took a deep breath and threw the pack in dustbin and decided to make the tea anyway.
......

" God where is the tea pan " I said to myself.

I have been in the kitchen for around 15 minutes just searching for the utensil in which I could make my tea.

" What are you searching for" I heard from above me .

I was sitting on the floor trying my best to find the pan .

I looked and thought that now I can even see her , she is everywhere but I soon realised she was actually standing there waiting for my response.

" Good morning ... Argh" I said , I had hit my head with the countertop and it hurts .

Seeing me hitting my head she put her hand on my head and started rubbing it for me .

" Are you 5 year old , be more careful .....why are you smiling" she scolded me but I was smiling like crazy, she cared about me .

" Nothing" I said looking at her , I was still showing my pearly whites that was for sure .

She could punch me at that movement if I was not careful.

" Someone wake on the wrong side of bed , why are you irritated this early in the morning " I asked curiously

" What are you trying to find in the cabinet " she asked changing the topic . I decided to respect it and go along with her

" Tea pan "

" It's there " she said pointing towards the pan I have been searching for like
FOREVER.

I took the pan and placed it on the Stove

" I am making tea ,what some" I asked Shalini

No response, I looked at her and noticed she was somewhere deep in thoughts.

" Earth to Shalini ... Shalini" I called her, to bring her out from her thoughts.

What was going on, first she is awake this early...even the sun is sleeping , second she looks irritated , third she is deep in her thoughts that she can't even listen to me calling her (I am confused is an under statement)

___________________❤️_________________
Shalini

All I wanted was to make myself a worm coffee and enjoy it without thinking about this idiot.