chapter 5 : old memories

Rudra

I was on a call with my old friend, Madhav when i saw Shalini sitting next to my sister and amma .

They were talking about something and laughing, Amma looked like herself after a long time . I was happy seeing her smile and laughing like she used too .

" Yaar....Rudra you there on the call " madhav voice brought me back to my phone.

"Is the plan still on ... Are we meeting" madhav asked .

" Yeah , meet me at the old spot" i told him with a smile , the words brought me back to my collage days .

Madhav and i were friends from college, we were completely different but still a duo which was popular and Known through out the college.

He was a english major with killer looks and brain which attracted a lot of female students towards him . Now he was a english professor, getting attention of his students.

I was about to leave, when Shalini bumped into me. She was wearing a pink kurti which complement her looks , her long hairs were open now covering her face , she looked pretty.

During our back and forward she brought my habit of smoking. I did not like that, i really don't want Tara or amma to hear about me smoking.

I thought Tara would ask me about it after the train incident but she never did so i thought I was saved but If Shalini mention anything to them , it would not end well for me .

Just then, Shalini's phone started ringing, she gave me a angry look and left towards her room .

....
I and madhav meet at pappu's tea shop , which was our base ever since college . We came to the shop whenever we wanted to bunk a boring class and pappu bhaiya always made us chai and gave us snacks with it .

" Long time no see , rudra . How have you been " pappu bhaiya asked as we entered the shop

" I have been fine , how are you and how is school going for the kids "

" Everything is good with Mahadev's blessings , kids are doing good in school too"

" I am also there pappu bhaiya " madhav interrupted making a angry face which both me and pappu bhaiya knows is a fake one .

We both laughed at madhav's expression and finally gave our order which was served to us in no time.

I and madhav talked about a lot of different things , even gossip about few old classmates.( He is such a woman but who am I to complaint ,I  was talking too .) 

After sometime we decided to visit Assi Ghat for the evening prayers

......

Ganga aarti is a different experience all together, everytime I see it i feel relaxed and calm.

The one thing i enjoy the most is how all the different people become one and pray to the river ganga.

Today the crowd was specially large . Finding space wherever we got , i and madhav waited for aarti to start .

When the aarti was over , i and madhav lost eachother due to a large group of people existing the ghat.