chapter 10 : the girl from past

Shalini

" I want to visit the temple first " I told Rudra as we were leaving the house.

" Sure "

We went to the temple and seeing the shivling all my worries went away in an instantly .

I closed my eyes and prayed. After the darshan ,Rudra took me to Pappu tea shop , he was talking to the owner like they were old buddies.

" Rudra bahiya " a boy came running towards Rudra , he was dressed in school uniform.

" How are you kido , hope you are studying hard " Rudra said while patting the boys head  .

Pappu bhaiya came with our tea and asked the boy to leave for the school .

" Get on the bike , I will give you a ride " Rudra offered and instantly looked at me , I think he forgot I existed and when realised he wanted my permission to leave .

I took our tea from pappu bhaiya's hand and gestured for Rudra to take the boy to school.

The shop was near the ghat so I took the tea and sat on the steps . Sitting there I realised why people said 'subah e banaras'.

The mornings in Banaras are just so peaceful and beautiful. Even with so many people , the crowd is very peaceful, no chaos , everyone devoted towards the God . I could hear shiva's name being chanted thought the place, the musical sound from ganga brought the place life.

To topit off, the chai was fantastic . I shameless drank Rudra's too .

" I see you like the tea " Rudra said sitting next to me .

" It was one of the best I had in life " I said with a smile .

_________________☁️___________________

Rudra

Everything is a mess , after telling seema about the truth I was scared, she would tell the truth to everyone but the trust that Shalini had on her relieved some of my tension.

When I returned to my room that night , Shalini's father was standing outside my room .

"Sir please come inside" I invite him inside the room .

He entered my room after me and sat in the chair .

" Son , I am happy that Shalini found someone like you as her partner. You have grown up just like your father . A real gentleman "

I looked at him , my eyes were a little teary. Seeing me emotional he patted my head like a father would do for his son.

" Beta did he say something to you " Shalini's mother came in the room and looked at her husband with angry expression

" I did not do anything, for your information"

" Don't belive you , it's always you who do something or other "

" Don't belive me ask him , ever since we got married has there ever been a time when you think I am right " he asked in a jocking manner.

" Let me think, Na never" she said make all three of us busting into laughter.

Then see looked at me and said keeping her hand on my face .

"Now you are our son too , your partner would have been happy with all this special your mother , she loved love stories, now her own son is writing one. "  she the last statment as if remembering something from past .

" Now do you want a invitation, let the boy rest a little" she said looking at Shalini's father.

He made a face at her statment which brought a smile on my face. They left the room soon after.

.....

I woke up quiet early the next morning but someone else was up too . I saw Shalini sitting on the swing typeing something on her laptop.

I sat on the cot opposite to her . She was so engaged in her work that she did not notice me after a while she noticed me .

I could feel that she needed a break from all the mess and I asked her to join me for breakfast.

I was on my bike when she came wearing a black suit , her big oxidised earings were a big distraction , I could not remove my eyes off her. Why is she so pretty

" I want to visit the temple first " her voice brought me back to earth .

After visiting the temple we went to pappu bhaiya's shop for breakfast.

" Har Har Mahadev " pappu wished me when i and Shalini entered.

" Har har Mahadev pappu bhaiya "

" Two special today " pappu bhaiya asked looking at Shalini.

" Yes and two kachori sabji too " I said moving my eyes from Shalini to pappu bhaiya who wanted me to explain the female presence .

" Rudra bhaiya " pappu bhaiya's son came running to me .

I offered him a ride to school but I  wanted  to make sure that Shalini was fine by me leaving.

I have no idea but somehow Shalini always understand my looks , this time it bring no difference she gestured for me to leave with the kid.

When I entered the shop again , Shalini was nowhere to be found. Seeing me pappu bhaiya came to me and told me that she was sitting on the ghat and was enjoying her tea .

" You are worried as if she is your wife" pappu bhaiya commented.

" She will be , I am getting married " I looked at pappu bhaiya with a smile.

" You have finally found the girl , the one who saved you , the one you wanted to marry."

" Yes , she is the girl who saved me" I said looking at Shalini who I could see now sitting on the ghat .

" Congratulations Bhai " pappu bhaiya said giving me a tight hug .