chapter 22 : the ride back

Rudra

I was hurt seeing Shalini and Pulkit together, it was very strange . They talked as if they were long time friends.

They meet before too , when I was coming back and ran into Shalini outside his bungalow.

Do they know each other, from how and for how long ... All different questions were running through my mind.

It did not help much that we were traveling back to Delhi.

....

It was still early in the morning. We had few more station before we reach to the Delhi station. I was sitting with the window open the cool wind was blowing in my face , It felt fresh to feel the breeze in my hair.

I miss my bike, I love the wind and the feeling it leaves behind specially when I ride it .
...

We had already decided that Madhav and I will go back to my place in Delhi and Seema and Shalini were already roommates so they will go back to their place.

In evening we all will go to Niki's home for the pre wedding events .
The actual event will start in next two days but Niki had told us that she wanted to spend time with us and enjoy 'freedom' before the wedding. ( I personally think Moksh need this time more than her )

I meet them while I was hosting an event for there company, Niki and I worked together and become friends soon after, Moksh was asked to join our team as we needed some help with tech stuff.

I was cupid for them too .

" How long have you been up " I heard a voice which pulled me out of my thoughts.

" Not long" I said to Shalini who was starting to sit and rubbed her eyes .

" You can still sleep, we have time before we reach " I said looking at her

" I am up now , will not be able to sleep. What is the time"

" It's 4, the train will reach by 6 " I said looking at the train time schedule in my phone .

"I think it will be better if they both sleep , I can't talk there energy this early in morning" Shalini said chuckling to herself.

To be honest I was in the same boat , they both had that active energy which  was not easy to handle sometimes. I think it is not wrong to want some peace and quiet.

I looked at Shalini and saw her ridding her arms , I quickly put a shawl around her and she thanked me for it . I closed the window and noticed a man who was selling tea and coffee I asked her if she would like some coffee.

" Actually tea will be better" she stopped me before I left to buy it .

I couldn't help but smile , she liked coffee more back when we first meet and now she is asking for tea .

...

" It's good but not than Pappu bhaiya's" she said after taking the sips of the tea .

I was wordless and just nodded at her . The fact reminded me of the time when we first meet .

Back then we had a full on debate about coffee and tea . Shalini was a strong coffee lover and I and Tara preferred tea to coffee.

One day Shalini made coffee for me and Tara saying we never had good coffee and have not give it a chance . Tara said that she did like the coffee that Shalini had made but I did not agree (but just a secret between us I did like it, don't tell Shalini  her who will go flying .)

...

" Good morning" a loud annoying voice broke the peaceful silence.

It was Madhav, he joined us after comeing down from the berth.

Seema was already awake and was getting fresh.

"What do you have here" Madhav said looking at the breakfast which was a simple sandwich, tea and biscuit .

" We have yours too get fresh and have Breakfast" Shalini said looking at the the adult child.

" Ok but how much time is still left to reach" he asked

" we still have an hour or so" I said

....

" What is the plan after we reach " seema asked after she and madhav had their breakfast.

"Actually niki had asked me if we all were free , she has some plans for evening . "

Knowing niki it is going to be wild and crazy but fun . She is the only person who can be High without doing anything. She lives for adventure and fun .

....

We reach the station right on time as we exited the train station we found Shalini's parents waiting for us .

It was a suprise, even Shalini had no idea that they will come to resive us .

" Why don't you also come and get fresh you can go home later too" Shalini's mother asked madhav and me .

We agreed and followed them to their car .