chapter 12: I love you,I hate you

Rudra

"I see you like the tea " I said sitting next to Shalini

" It was one of the best I had in life " she said with a smile .

We both went silent after that , both of us needed time for thinking. I can understand the shock she must have felt when her wedding was fixed out of nowhere.

" Your kachori sabji and tea " pappu bhaiy gave us our order which broke the silence.

Shalini took her first bite, her eyes closed, I smiled looking at her reaction .

" Best food and tea , now I can die peacefully thanks Rudra " she said showing her beautiful smile.

The best thing about her smile was that it reached her eyes , she glowed up whenever she smiled. Her smile was contagious and always brought smile on my face too.

" Your welcome" I said matching her energy.

After we were done with our food , we decided to no go back to the house but walk for a while.

As we were about to leave, I saw the head pandit and out of habit when and touched his feet for blessings.

" May god give you both a happy life together"

I was shocked at the blessing that pandit ji gave me but I noticed that Shalini too was touching the feet and hearing the blessing she became uncomfortable. She looked at me and then shifted her gaze for me to the floor

" Pandit ji we are not a couple " I explained while trying to make Shalini comfortable .

__________________☁️__________________

Shalini

The blessing that pandit ji gave us was crazy how could we have happy life when we don't want to marry and be together.

" All the blessing come from shiva ,I just say what he wants me to say " pandit ji explained himself.

Do Mahadev really want us to be happy when both of us don't want to marry each other and our families think that we are married by law but in reality we are not .

" Shalini .... Shalini " Rudra came running towards me , he was short on breath. I looked at him a bit confused.

" Why did you walk so fast , you were practical running "

" Sorry, I didn't notice" I said looking back at where we were standing a few minutes ago.

Seeing me like this Rudra asked me to sit on a bench even though he needed to sit more than I did .

He sat next to me and looked at me with concern .

" What's on your mind" he asked in a gentle tone .

I took a deep breath to calm my mind down, if someone could understand me at the moment it is Rudra, we both are in same boat afterall.

"Rudra , Do we have to really marry. Look nothing against you it's just that I never thought about marriage and I agreed to your plan because I wanted to help you and Amma . "

" We don't have to if you don't want too " he said without even thinking twice.

" But it will break everyone's heart, they really want us to be married "

" When they see you are not happy with their decision, it will break their heart more "

I don't understand this crazy man , he did all crazy things to fulfill his Amma's wishes but now is ready to throw it out of the window.

.....
" Look who is back " Tara said when we entered the house.

" I see you both can't wait" ma said with a smirk on her face.

" They are young and in love what else you expect" Amma said to my mother.

" Why, you jealous ladies " Rudra  commented as he walked into the house and sat between my mother and Amma on the swing .

Amma hit him on the back and my mother laughed at his comment.

How was he this calm and composed when I was filled with anxiety and nervousness .

" Do you have some shame" Tara said to her brother at his comment

" Why should I , I am talking about my wife not some random women "

I felt something in my stomach as he called me his wife , maybe the food I ate did not go well with my stomach.

I decided to leave the girl gang  ( including Rudra , he was no less ) 

I was about to leave when madhav entered the house with a box of sweets and a wedding card . Was he getting married .

" Good morning everyone " madhav wish and kept the sweets on the table.

" Finally you also getting married , congratulations" Amma said looking at the card and sweet box .

" No , it's not for my wedding. Actually Disha is getting married she asked me to give you a card too " he said looking at Rudra

Rudra who now eating the sweet stops and started laughing like crazy , he was holding his stomach too . ( He was a girl in past life I know it ,for sure, he is just drama queen)

" Stop it " madhav said he was laughing too but more silently than Rudra was .

They went in Rudra's to continue with there talk and I went in mine .

...

"Where were you " Seema asked when I entered the room .

" Good morning  to you too  "

" Where were you " she asked again when I did not reply

" I was with Rudra " I replied

" Where is your phone " she asked

" It's in my bag " I opened my bag in order to show it to her about did not find it there .

" You boss has called multiple times , you left it here " she kept the phone on the bed .

" Sorry" I said to her and picked my phone.

" The last time you were this careless was when you were dating that business guy in college "

" What do you want to say " I asked a bit confused

" I am saying you like Rudra "

" Not true "

" You said the same for that guy in college , I know you have started liking Rudra " she said with a smile on her face.

" That can never happen" I said and threw a pillow at her which she dodged .

" It is happening" she said throwing the pillow back at me but before I could dodge it it landed on my face and seema started laughing .

" You are in love " she said while leaving the room leaving me alone in the room

Am I in love , with rudra I asked looking at myself in the mirror

" No, I am not " I said more to myself that to Seema .