chapter 8 : old friends

Rudra

Now that Shalini was on board with the plan, we as decided to tell Amma and Tara about our 'marriage ' .

We told Madhav about the plan and asked ( technical forced should be the right word but who cares) him to work along.

We together decided to execute our plan when Amma was discharged from the hospital .
....

Amma was in her room while Tara was unpacking Amma's clothes from the hospital. When I entered Amma's room .

Seeing me enter , Amma looked at me for the first time in a while, her face was blank while her eyes was filled with a lot of emotions. I don't even know how to put it in words but those eyes were killing me .

I quietly sat on the floor next to Amma's bed I took her hand in my

" Amma I did what you asked me to do . I got married"

I was expecting reaction out of her  , even her hitting me was on my list of reaction I could get but all I got was a simple nod from her .

" Bhai , what, when , how " Tara said shocked

" Who is she " Amma said in a weak voice

" Shalini "

" Rudra call her please"  Amma asked me .

Tara was still confused about all this as I left the room to call Shalini, I could hear Tara talking to Amma but Amma did not respond to her talking.

Shalini was sitting on the swing in the courtyard , she was nervous.

As I got close to her I could see her wearing the Mangal sutra which Madhav had purchased to make this all look reality, she was even wearing sindoor . She did look beautiful wearing all the symbols of a married woman.

" Rudra.... Rudra ... " Shalini was wavering her hands in front of my face . I was distracted looking her like this .

" Did Amma believe you , is she okay "

" Amma told me to bring you to her room"

"I think she knows,  this is wrong , we should tell her the truth. Amma will forgive us if we tell the truth"

" Shalini we can't do that , let's just go to her room and see what she says . I promise you everything will go well .
Believe me please "

Looking in my eyes , I could feel her getting a bit confident, she believed me .

We went to Amma's room together this time.

Now we both were standing in front of a weirdly calm Amma and a very confused Tara .

" Shalini do you love Rudra " I and Shalini were not expecting that question, I was ready to interfere when Shalini said "yes" to Amma's question.

Amma looked at me and gave me a smile, she gave Shalini her blessings .

Amma took out her old family ring and gave it to Shalini . Shalini was visible shocked at all the things going on . To be honest I was too .