chapter 4 : friend with the idiot

Shalini

I went to ' my ' room after all that chaos , I was still a little shocked after seeing the idiot from the train and was processing everything while unpacking my bag.

I was distracted from my thoughts by a loud knock on the door . Thinking it was Tara , I asked her to come in but to my suprise  , Rudra was standing there with blankets in his hands .

I asked him to enter the room , he quickly entered and kept the blankets on the bed . As he was about to leave , to told me to join them for breakfast.

After I was done freshing up , I got to the kitchen and found Rudra sitting at the dining table, while Tara and house help were getting the table ready, seeing me approch Tara asked me to join rudra at the table.

I sat in the chair opposite to rudra , he was doing something on his phone and when i sat he glanced at me and then continue whatever he was doing.

He is wierd , trying to change my focus , i started looking at the house, the dining area was attached to the living room and i could see a lot of pictures on the wall from the point i was sitting at . Most pictures were of a couple , the man in the pictures had a havey beard and a well structured build while the women had long hair and wore beautiful saree

Out of all the pictures one stand out the most, the picture was of a young couple different from the couple in most pictures. The couple was in a boat and were surrounded by glowing light of diyas .

" Shalini " Tara called my name

" Sorry, i was a bit distracted" i said with a embarrassed smile.

I felt wierd, i looked at rudra and understood the reason behind my wierd feeling, he was staring at me .

Seeing the tension Tara formally introduced rudra and me , and mentioned him as her elder brother.

I can't understand how is this angle like lady connected with this crazy man. 

Tara further mentioned that her grandmother who actually started the rental room service was not keeping well from past few months and this information being told did not make rudra happy , he was visibly angry at Tara for telling a stranger that .

After the conversation, no one said a word and breakfast went in silence.

After a while i decided to start my work but failing miserably , i decided to step out of my room .

I went downstairs and decided to talk to Tara for a while if she was free .

It took me few minutes to find Tara , she was in a room at the corner of the ground floor, siting next to a old lady.

" I just want that idiot to settle down before i am dead." I heard a weak but strong voice when I got close to the room .

" Amma , don't say things like that , you will get better in no time. "

I felt like an intruder , i should not listen to this conversation but i was at the door and too late , can't return when you get cought .

Tara has seen me by the door and invited me inside .

" This is amma , my and Rudra's grandmother.

Amma .. this is Shalini, Rudra's friend. She has come to Varanasi and is staying as our guest. "

I was confused with Tara's explanation, i am not Rudra's friend but why did she mentioned me like that.

I looked at her confused and she looked at me will a look that said that she will tell me the reason later and i should play the part which she has given me.

I decided to play along and wished the grandmother.

She gave me a bright smile , which brought a smile on my face too .

"Hope these two are talking good care of you , if they cause any trouble you can tell me especially that idiot boy "

( Can I say i love amma  , she is officially my favourite. I have been calling rudra idiot without even knowing that was his nickname. )

I don't even know how many hours we sat together, amma told me alot of stories . She even told me about places that i should visit , i missed my parents after talking to her .

" I should get started with launch.
Will you like to have anything special , Shalini "

" Na, anything is fine " i smiled at her ,

I felt happy and refreshed after talking to amma and Tara inspired me  the way she took care of everything at such young age .

I also liked her because she was a english major just like me , i was proud of her .

I was brought out of my distracted mind ,when amma called me

" Shalini ... If that idiot say or do something that hurt you please know that was not what he wants to do , he has been thought a lot and he pretends that it doesn't not care but he does "

I was a little surprised as i did not know how to process the information but i simply nod at her to tell her i understood.

I left the room after few minutes when she felt tired.

As i left , i bumped into rudra. He was wearing a white shirt and blue jeans which brought out his built .

" Watch where you go Miss " he commented .

" You can also see Mr ... Sorry i forgot you can't , you could not even see no smoking sign in the train . "

" You said it today but if you mention me smoking one more time in this house , i will not think before kicking you out miss renter "

All the colour was drained from his face while he threatened me but he was serious .

I was about to reply him back but stopped by a incoming call on my phone.

............
Like , share , comment and vote 

Follow to get the updates