chapter 18 : questions and confessions

Rudra

Seema was high when I returned.

I was with purohit ji talking about an upcoming event in which he wanted Madhav and me to help.

We both gladly accept and decided to return to the ladies.

When purohit ji called me back to talk to someone from the organization community.
...

There was something going on between Seema and my best friend.

The important question was what . I had never seen Seema like this . She was always in control.

I was more confused at Madhav's behavior, he was a flirt and had been doing it ever since he saw Seema but right now it feels like the roles are reversed.

Shalini was equally confused as me . When she told me about the lassi. I was sure bhang was involved.

It was like history repeating itself. When we were in college he ordered for his special lassi and I accidentally drank it which lead to me dancing on kajra re wearing a saree.( Reference chapter 8)

"Hi Rudra " I heard Seema's voice.

I said a ' hi ' nervousness clear in my voice. I had no idea what will happen to me now.

Seema started talking gibberish. I couldn't understand her .

" You know a secret about Shalini ..." Seema said our of nowhere and I was curious when Shalini covered her mouth.

We were lucky that the person who had caused this whole mistake was working quickly.

Madhav had purchased water which we forced Seema to drink.

We all were tired looking after a little kid called  drunk Seema.

We were sitting on the bench when Shalini got a phone call , taking the call she left me and Seema alone on the bench.

I looked around to search for Madhav but strangely he was missing now . (Remind me to kill him when I see him ... I will happily go to jail)

" Why is your best friend like this , first he flirts then stops out of blue" I heard Seema said , her head was on my shoulder. She was still drunk

Before I could reply to her question she started talking again.

" You know Shalini like you .. a little" she said showing me her index and thumb pressed almost together.
" Little " she said satisfied .

I looked at her with my eyebrow raised. She looked at me and said
" it's better than none" and gave me a smile , I could see all her teeth .

" How which do you like her " she asked me .

I moved my hand away from each other and pointed in the space between it " this much" .

She laughed at my action. Seeing her laugh I couldn't control my laugh.

" Madhav call ambulance, I think both of them have gone crazy" I heard Shalini's voice.

" Where were you" I asked Madhav now that Mr. was here himself.

He was holding four plates of Maggie in his hands when I looked at him
" Eating something will help to reduce the hangover"

Before he could finish his sentence, Seema moved towards him and took Maggie from his hands , taking a folk she offered the first bite to Madhav.

" You first" Seema said practical pushing the food in his mouth.

When he took the bite Seema gave him a bright smile and stated eating.

.....

Somehow, only god knows how we reached home.

Seema had sobered up a little but still had a headache.

I had asked Madhav to stay over for the night. After a lot of argument he finally agreed to stay .

We decided to go in our rooms and sleep as we all were tired.

After saying good night to the girls, I decided that it will be a interrogation night for Madhav there was something he was not telling me .

When we entered my room I started the investigation.

" What is going on between Seema and you "

" Nothing" he said removing his shoes

" Then why have you been this silent since the morning"

" Is it that strange seeing me silent" he asked with a eyebrow raised.

" yes , if you have not notice " I said with a smile

" It's nothing, just leave it " he said laying down on bed

" What's going on Yaar " I said looking down at him on the bed .

" I like Seema " he said avoiding my eyes and turning away from me .

" And "

" What and ?? , We both are very different and I think she has a boyfriend. She was talking to a guy the other day from Delhi "

"How are you sure she has one , it could be someone from work "

"It's no use , my life is in Kashi and her is in Delhi. We are very different "

" But" before I could say anything I heard Madhav asking me to stop the questions .

I left the topic and let him rest and decided to do my job as a best friend and make the them fall in love.

I am on a mission
.....

I was returning home from the ghat after meeting purohit ji , he wanted to meet me and Madhav to meet the other volunteers. I told him that Madhav was not well and I will be visiting alone.

After last night's talk I could see the effect it had on him. 

He was never like this with any women but seeing him the way he was feeling for Seema was new for me too.

I was on my bike and stuck in traffic when I saw Shalini , coming out of big
bungalow

It was still pretty early in the morning, after the eventful night we all had , I couldn't process her visiting someone.

I decided to wait for her and then I thought something which raised my curiosity , she didn't know anyone in Banaras but here she was walking out of the bungalow

Then I saw him , after which what I saw shocked me even more , Shalini was talking, laughing with that man .

How did she know him ,why was she with him ... many questions were running through my mind. And then I remembered the phone call she had when we returned from the market, she was happy, even danced a little . She was talking to him I assumed because I have not seen her talk to anyone else ever since she came to Banaras.

She was with the man I desperately wanted to ignore , even remove from my past , the influential politician and my senior Pulkit Singh .