chapter 21: journey and music

Shalini

We were in the train going back to Delhi , I will miss Banaras and it's Banarasi rang.

(Earlier that day )

" You guys will make us late " Madhav came shouting .

We all were already up and wake thanks to his excitement and the first thing I did after walking up was to see the clock.

It was 4 hours before our train was scheduled for , how were we going to be late . I want to kill him, I am sure Seema will defend me in court if she don't kill him first that is .

"Is he drunk" I heard Seema's sleepy voice .

" He is worst then you " I commented and received a pillow which hit me on  my head.

" I am off to sleep and if I hear his voice again I will murder him , please throw him out " she said before drifting back to sleep .

I decided to talk to him and went out of the room.

I was saw Rudra telling him to come in his room , we had a brief eye contact but he averted his eyes before I could say anything.

He looked different then last night. His eyes were swelled as if he was crying but why would he cry .

....

Now we all were up except the ' you will make us late guy" Madhav was sleeping like a baby in Rudra's room .

We all have tried to walk him up but can't . Now finally Tara who had agreed to drive us to station is standing above Madhav with a glass of cold water and she has dumped it on his face .

It has worked the kumkaran is finally been awaken.

" You have 10 min , if you are not ready we will leave you and they all will be in Delhi without you " Tara gave Madhav a scary look.

He nodded his head and started moving fast . We all exited the room and gave our goodbyes to Amma .

We all were sitting in the car and waiting for Madhav , he came just on time .

" Is my guitar in there" he asked looking at cars trunk. Tara gave him a nod and we started our ride.

....

" These are our sets"

We all keeps the bags and started sitting, I and Seema sat near the window while Madhav was sitting with me and Rudra was next to Seema .

Something was off , Rudra was avoiding me and I did not know the reason.

" I am going to get water , you guys need anything " Madhav asked standing from the seat .

" I will join " I said and went out of the train with Madhav . I needed to talk to him about a lot of things.

...
How do I initiate this talk and from which topic . I wanted to talk to him about Seema , Rudra and his behavior .

I decided that Seema should be my first topic to talk about.

" Madhav, I wanted to talk about Seema with you "

" What about her " he said talking a sip from the water he had just purchased.

" Do you like her " the words made him choke and was coughing. I rubbed his back to stop the coughing.

" Did Rudra say something to you " he asked once it completely stopped.

" So you do "