Chapter 3 - A Bloody Heist

A few months later

A few months later.

Why am I so anxious?

I can't seem to stay still or even sit down since the moment my parents walked out the door.

I'm getting a bad feeling just like the one I had that night...

I try to push those thoughts away and I realize that I may just be overthinking and overreacting. I guess that it is because this is my parents' biggest heist yet. I'm just a little paranoid still. It's just my nerves.

I get up to go to the kitchen to get a very cold glass of water in hopes that it will help me calm down. I've heard that cold things help take your anxiety away. I might even stick my head in the freezer or eat some ice.

The cold of the glass burns against my clammy hands, and I freely let it. I then begin to chug it, feeling the cold now burn my throat and I let it freely happen too.

I place my glass down on the counter and I begin to take in deep breaths.

My phone from the living room sounds and I practically run to it. I take it in my hands instantly, hoping that it's my parents telling me that they made it out safely but instead I see that I've received a message from an unknown number.

I click it to read it out of curiosity.

My heart drops at the realization of who it is what he is implying to

If he was capable of doing what he did to me, then I don't doubt that he will try to hurt my parents. I stop myself from panicking and try to think clear.

I immediately go to grab the car keys while I call both my parents numerous times. I make sure my brothers are still sleeping before I quietly but quickly leave the house to go into the city where the auction house is.

I speed through the streets while still calling them and hoping very badly that they'll answer and that they'll tell me they are fine. I need to hear their voices. I need to hear them tell me that they are okay.

When I have arrived at the location where they are going to steal a diamond necklace worth millions, I stop the car just as my heart drops and feels like it has stopped too.