Chapter 16 - A Good Look

I make my mind go completely blank

No thinking for me at the moment.

I'm getting a facial and face massages to help me relax a bit. It's something I try to do monthly for when I take days for myself.

I'm very relaxed and calm a few minutes into my facial when I hear the door to the room burst open. I can physically feel his energy so I don't bother to do anything or become annoyed.

"Good morning, officer." I calmly speak and I can feel that he is irritated with me already and so early in the morning.

I can hear that he is pacing around the room. "Why didn't you tell me that you took more than the rubies last night?"

His tone causes my kind and talented Russian esthetician to stop touching my face. "Because it is none of your concern."

"pozhaluysta, prodolzhayte." I kindly tell the woman who continues what she was doing.

My calm and unbothered energy seems to also be reassuring her that everything is fine because it is.

"You took money and all kinds of jewelry. People won't shut up about it and now there is an investigation going on to find out who is the one responsible for everything." He sounds very serious and almost like he is scolding me. I don't even know this man or what his name is.

"I guess they were idiots." I jokingly say with a small chuckle referring to his comment from last night.

I can physically feel his energy on how he didn't find that funny at all.

"Relax, officer. Everything will be fine and I can assure that nothing will lead to me." If they're smart enough they'll find that it leads to someone else who badly made me anxious and angry yesterday.

It stays silent before I hear his footsteps, the door to the room open, and then close. He left, I'm glad. I don't have time to be annoyed and stressed at the moment.

__

I'm about to walk out out the spa when I glance over at one of the windows to see the officer.

He's leaning against his car and staring right at me.

This can go in many ways.

I walk out and have no choice but to go to him since he is right there. I don't get to speak because he opens the passenger door and motions for me to get into his car.

Is he finally arresting me? It would be a miracle if he is because he never seems like he really wants me in prison.

"Every time you invite me into your car, I think that you're taking me to a police station." I speak when he gets into the driver's side of the car.

"I'm taking you out to eat, but if you would much rather go to a police station, I'll gladly take you there." He responds in his usual serious tone as he starts the car.

I can't help the small smile that appears on my lips because of what I am about to respond with.

"Aw, are you taking me out on a date? You could have just asked." I say acting flattered and excited.

He stays quiet and I notice how he tightens his hold on the wheel. It feels great to know that I get on his nerves as much as he gets on mine.

I ignore him and open the sun visor to admire how good my skin looks.

A date

A date.

What is she doing to me and why do I kind of like the idea of that?

She gets on my damn nerves but not in a way where I want to kill her. It's different and I don't even know how to explain it or what it really is.

She is doing things to me without even trying.

I don't even know her like that to where my mind and body have these weird sorts of reactions to her.

"I'm so beautiful." She says from beside me very quietly while still staring at herself through the mirror of the sun visor.

She damn well is.

__

The waitress hands me the bill before walking away.

I look down at it and pull out my wallet to pay as Katya now decides to be quiet and pretend as if she didn't see the bill come. I don't care. I wasn't going to let her pay anyway.

"I'm surprised that you haven't questioned me today about the Russian's jewelry." She speaks up taking a glance at my card.

I haven't been able to talk at all because she hasn't let me.

I didn't know it was possible for someone to talk so much without taking any breaks. She hasn't shut up about her facial, how clear her skin is, how smooth her skin is, and how amazing the esthetician is. She even gave me a card to visit the spa and told me to tell them that she recommended the place to me.

I'm not complaining because I can actually stand listening to her.

"I don't work on dates." It leaves my mouth before I realize what I said.

I look at Katya who seems taken aback by my words.

"A date?" She questions quietly and I nod because I'm not the type to joke and I also can't take my words back now.

She avoids looking at me.

"If I would have known it was an actual date I would have dressed up and not talked your ear off." She forces herself to look at me.

"It wasn't planned." I shrug continuing to go along with whatever it is that I'm doing.

"I would have taken you somewhere nicer." I add in and she only continues to stare at me.

There seems to be a lot going through her mind as she subconsciously stares at every part of my face.

I don't know what is happening with me or with her.

The waitress from earlier comes back to pick up my card and the bill before excusing herself once more and walking away.

I stare back at Katya. She's too busy in her head to notice that I'm also taking a good look at her.

She's absolutely gorgeous.

_________________________________