Chapter 7 - An Oblivious Feeling

You would think that since I'm the only woman in this house that I would be the one to take ages to get ready to go out

I'm not. My brothers are and I totally understand my parents' frustration when I would be in my brothers' place as a teenager, and they would be in mine.

"Ilya! Anton!" I shout for what feels like the millionth time.

I then I finally see Ilya walk down the stairs with a smile on his face. "You understand how mama and papa felt when you would take years to leave your room?"

My slight glare makes him chuckle just as Anton appears coming down the stairs now. I open the front door and motion for them to get out which they immediately do. I walk out after them, closing the door behind me.

When I've gotten inside the car, they're all buckled in and ready for me to take them to their destination. Ilya is in a band and is the guitarist. He has practice with them today and Anton will be going with him because he thinks I'm more boring than Ilya. I'll be going over to Morelia and Akim's for Alina's little birthday party. I'm sure they would bored out of their minds there.

A few minutes later, we arrive at one of Ilya's friend's house where they usually meet up. The boy's mom walks out the door and gives me a warm smile and a wave in greeting which I return.

Ilya gives me a hug and a kiss on the head. "See you later." He says before getting out of the car.

"See you later, Kat." Anton does the same from behind me.

"I'll see you both later, please behave." I warn even though I know I've very well engraved it into their brains.

"Yes, Katya." They both respond coincidentally at the same time causing a small chuckle to leave me.

I watch as they make their way into the house and how the kind lady lets them in. She gives me one last wave before entering after them and with that I begin my journey to my niece's first birthday party.

I trust the woman with my brothers because I've had a conversation with her and have talked to her on multiple occasions when the band plays in places. She's a sweet woman and such an amazing mom. I know my brothers are safe there especially when they've talked about how great of a host she is.

__

The huge door to Morelia's new home opens and I'm met with her husband, Akim.

I gave her some advice a while ago when she was contemplating on whether to fix her marriage with him or divorce him. She was very well decided on a divorce, but he must have somehow changed her mind because now they're happily together and it's quite a beautiful thing to witness.

"Katya, thank you for coming, welcome." He gives me a small smile that I return as I walk in.

Morelia appears just as I'm about to respond and she pulls me into a hug. "Thank you so much for coming."