Chapter 5 - A Light

"Oh my goodness

"Oh my goodness." I tear up a bit and melt at the adorable little girl in my hands.

She smiles widely at me showing me her gums and few grown teeth. She stares at me with big grey eyes that have long full lashes on the top and bottom. She's as gorgeous as her mother. Her father isn't ugly either, so this little girl was definitely blessed in this lifetime.

"She's beautiful." With full honesty I inform Morelia who I'm sure is very aware of it.

"Thank you." She smiles with sparkling eyes toward her daughter. She is so in love with her, and I don't blame her.

__

I smile down at little Alina who is in her stroller as her mother pushes it and I walk beside them.

We have come to the hospital to visit Gianna. We got the news that she had woken up which made the situation better since we were coming to see her anyway.

Dario suddenly stands in front of us, and we stop walking. He's standing right outside the door where Gianna's room is at.

"Morelia." Dario acknowledges her first with a content look on his lips which I'm sure is there because his daughter is well and alive.

"Good morning, and good morning to you too, Ms. Katya." He glances at me with the same smile, and I gladly return it as I reach down into the stroller to take Alina.

"Good morning." I respond before Morelia does the same.

"Who is this cute little girl?" He questions when I have taken Alina into my arms.

"My daughter." Morelia answers his question, and the response seems to take him by surprise.

Dario chuckles when he waves at Alina, and she returns the wave with her tiny hand and a big toothless smile.

"Thank you for ending Marcello's waste of space on the earth. I'll send you your money soon." He has a huge smile of gratitude that takes over his face.

It's so strange to see someone so happy about their son's death. It was well deserved though. I'm sure it doesn't hurt so much after everything the guy put him and his family through.

"No problem. I also did it because he had my daughter. " Morelia informs him and Dario raises his eyebrows in surprise and confusion.

"He kidnapped her a few months ago because she's also Akim's daughter." She shortly explains and he nods in understanding.

"I deeply apologize for his actions. I'll give you a bonus for it."

Morelia slightly shakes her head with a light smile just as Gianna's door opens and Leonid walks out. "I'm going to check on Akim."

Dario then excuses himself and we head into Gianna's room.

When I enter behind Morelia, Gianna gives me a warm smile and then completely melts when seeing the baby in my hands.