Chapter 37 - A Restart

"You all had one job with the most simplest instructions

"You all had one job with the most simplest instructions. Your biggest priorities were to bring my woman to me and to take away that bastard to the warehouse..." I'm beginning to quickly lose my patience.

"Where the fuck are they?!" I stare at the dumb fucking idiots in front of me.

After the shooting Boris and Katya completely disappeared along with everyone else. There is only a few people dead but that is because they tried to get involved.

Not one word is spoken, and I am so close to emptying the chamber of my gun on them. I'm actually about to when I hear running from beside me on the gravel.

"Boss, we found Boris Gusev." The man tells me and I almost smile at the fact that someone did something right.

"What about my girl?" I immediately question wanting to know where she is and if she alright.

"We still haven't found her." He responds looking a bit scared that I will blow up on him for his words.

"Go look for her." I demand to them all and they immediately leave to go and attempt to do their damn job.

"Take me to Boris." I order the man that is still standing in front of me. He nods and does as I say.

I'm led behind a car where one of my men is applying pressure to Boris's chest where I can see blood pooling around his white dress shirt.

"Who shot him?" I question staring down at the pathetic and unconscious bastard.

"We don't know." The man putting pressure on him responds.

I only nod not really caring to be honest. "Call a doctor to treat him at the warehouse and to keep him alive."

"Take him away." I order after a few seconds and then I walk away so that I can go try and find my angel on my own.

I don't make it far before my phone begins to ring. Katya stays in mind so I answer it hoping that it could be her. I need to look at her and hear her voice so damn badly that it is beginning to make me mad and drive me a little insane.

"Amado, Katya is safe." Akim speaks through the phone and I let out a huge sigh of relief.

She is safe.

"Where is she?" I almost immediately ask in desperation as I begin to head toward my car.

"Dario Romano's house. Gianna and Morelia are here taking care of her. She doesn't seem to be doing okay emotionally." He responds and his words only make me want to see her even more.

"I'm on my way."

__

It feels like in just seconds I make it to the Romano mansion.

I burst in through the huge front doors and the men sitting in the living room talking only motion upstairs and that's where I immediately go. I practically run to go and find her.

I burst into a bedroom where talking was coming from and I almost cry by just finally seeing her. I missed her and I hadn't seen her in quite a while until today, but it was from far away. Gianna and Morelia look at me before looking at Katya in question. She gives them a look of reassurance and with that they get up from the bed and walk out.

I notice her tear-stained cheeks indicating that she has been crying. I also notice that she hasn't looked at me and is avoiding looking at me. She must resent me for the words I said to her and for making it look like there was another woman in my life. I feel like a complete asshole and I'm willing to get on my knees and beg her to look at me if it is necessary.

"Katya, my love, please look at me." I kneel down on the floor beside the bed as I take her soft and warm hand in mine.

She hesitantly looks at me but instead of seeing hate or dislike toward me, I see guilt and shame.

"Your love?" She very quietly questions, her eyes filled with tears.

"Of course, you're my love." I inform her and she slowly pulls her hand out of mine.

"How can you say that after the way I hurt you?" She softly wipes her tears.

"I thought you would hate me." She quietly states avoiding to look at me again.

I softly take her chin between my fingers and move her head so that she will look at me. "I could never hate you because I am madly in love you, Katya."

"I lied to you." She is clearly torturing herself mentally and I don't like it a little bit.

I wipe her tears before taking her precious and beautiful face in my hands. "You had your reasons to and I forgive you, amor."

"I know that you saw that disgusting video and I promise that I can explain." She breaks down into tears almost instantly.

I stand up and take a seat on the bed beside her, pulling her into my arms and resting her head against my chest as she cries.

"I didn't know that he filmed it." Her words are almost hard to understand from how hard she is crying.

It's so clear how much pain she is in and it's only hurting me. My eyes are beginning to swell up and there is a knot forming in my throat.

"He raped me, and I was ashamed of telling you, so I lied and said that I was a virgin." She says sounds so quiet and weak that it breaks my heart.

"I'm so sorry, Katya. I promise that you did nothing wrong. I'm not mad at you and I'm not disgusted with you either." I kiss the top of her head repeatedly while hugging her even tighter.

All I want to do is protect this woman forever. I want to keep her in my arms and away from anything or anyone who tries to hurt her.

I feel her suddenly hug me back just as tight if not even more.

"He kidnapped me because my parents refused to sell me to him. He drugged me and used me. I fought hard to fight away the drugs and I managed to escape when I had the chance. I ran for so long with only a bloody sheet wrapped around my body."

I fight back tears that are threatening to spill. I can't wait to get my hands on that dumb fucking idiot.

She looks up at me with sad and pained eyes. I wipe away her tears and give her a kiss on the forehead.

"I promise that I only ever willingly slept with you." She is begging me with her eyes to believe her.

"I believe you, mi amor hermoso." I assure her gently caressing the side of her face with my hand.

She suddenly backs away from me and I become confused and a bit scared at the sudden action.

"I'm sorry." She wipes her eyes and Iam confused on why she is apologizing.

"I totally understand that I messed things up between us and that you're probably seeing someone else." She's referring to the neighbor who thought it was a brilliant idea to grab me by the arm in front of her.

I lean over getting closer to her and looking her in the eyes. "You're the only woman in my life, Katya."

"I only love you and have only loved you, my love. You didn't mess anything up." I assure her looking deeper into her precious eyes the way I always have.

"We didn't even get to start anything. Give me an opportunity to show you how much I love you and how much you mean to me." I wipe her eyes once more.

"We'll take things slow and discuss everything that happened more if it will make you feel more comfortable." There is silence as she returns that intense and beautiful stare.

She suddenly hugs me wrapping her arms around my neck and burying her face in it. I smile and almost cry when realizing this is her way of saying yes to me.

_________________________________