Chapter 20 - A Chocolate Allergy

I've been trying my hardest to get in contact with Boris again

I have been so anxious these past few days only thinking about my aunt and her well-being. I know very well that Boris is capable of anything, and it only adds on to my panic.

I received a message from him today. I was terrified that it would be something horrible, but it only said that we would meet soon and that he had a fair deal for me. I have a feeling that the deal is far off from being fair, at least for me.

I'm honestly scared. It's a feeling I've rarely felt throughout my life, but I just have this feeling that something will happen and go wrong.

A knock on the door breaks me out of my thoughts. I furrow my eyebrows because I have no clue who it could be. Morelia didn't say anything about coming over, Gianna is on her honeymoon, and my brothers are still at school for about a half hour more.

I hesitantly put my cup of tea down and go toward the door. My anxiety is only making me paranoid now and I'm sure there isn't anything bad standing behind the door. I wrap my hand around the doorknob after unlocking it and I open it just as my heartbeat begins to speed up and my breathing starts to quicken. I feel so dramatic.

Everything goes away and I feel a sense of calmness. Something I haven't been able to feel these past few days. The cause of that is the man standing in front of me who is still sort of a stranger. The officer.

It's quite odd that he makes me feel calm. I don't know him and I have to remind myself that all the time.

"Officer, come in." I widen the door and motion for him to enter which he does with no questions asked.

"What are you doing here?" I question after closing the door behind me and then leading him into the living room.

"You left too fast." He states as he takes a seat and I take one across from him.

I look at him in confusion as to what he could be talking about.

"When you went over to my place to help me." He tells me clearing up what he meant. "You left too fast."

The memory of that night appears into my brain. I had completely forgotten because my mind has been very occupied recently.

I had to leave. I was getting too close to him physically without realizing it and apart from that we were both staring into each other's eyes as if we were some sort of lovers. It was something that should not have happened. I still don't know this man.

I felt like I would have done and maybe have even said something stupid if I would have stayed any longer than I did.

"Yes." I nod at his statement. "I had to come back home to my brothers." It's a lie because they weren't even home.

They were actually at Ilya's band practice thing at one of his friend's houses and there was still about an hour or two left before I had to go pick them up.