Chapter 42 - A Lantern

Six months later

Six months later.

After months of loving Katya with everything in me while looking for the perfect ring, I have found it. Well, it's more like I have found them.

My future wife used to be the most wanted diamond thief and with her love for those diamonds I knew it was going to be hard to find just one that would be perfect for her. I wanted the ring to be perfect enough to sit on her finger as we grow old together.

This ring doesn't even compare to the love and adoration I have for my love, but it does signify that I do in fact love her. It's a symbol of that love.

I was indecisive so I came up with the fantastic idea of putting four rings together to combine it into one. Four diamonds caught my eye, and I knew Katya would love them all. I have found out how much I love spoiling her these past few months and so I went ahead with this decision.

I asked her brothers and aunt for her hand, and they thankfully accepted. I wasn't nervous about it at all because I was actually very sure that they would have said yes to me. Now I just need her to say yes to me.

"Thank you for the dinner, malysh. It was very delicious." Her calming and soothing voice interrupts my thoughts.

I look at her beside me to see her bright smile and sparkling eyes. She's so damn beautiful that it seems so unreal sometimes.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, amor." I give her a quick kiss on the temple.

I look ahead of me, and I begin to feel the nerves throughout my body. I know she will say yes but I still can't help but to be nervous like I have never been before.

She suddenly lightly gasps noticing the beautiful site a few feet ahead of us. "Look how pretty that is."

I lightly smile from how happy she seems from seeing the lanterns in the water and the people placing them down. It really is a beautiful thing to look at but it's not as beautiful as her and her damn smile when she's happy.

Her smile only grows when the realization hits her, and I enjoy watching every second of it.

"Come, I got us some lanterns too." I tell her, confirming her thoughts.

She lets go of the tight but comfortable hold she had on my hand and practically jumps into my arms. I hold her tightly while standing still as she showers me in kisses. "I love you so much, my love."

I smile against the kiss she suddenly plants on my lips. Her words make me feel so warm and fucking fuzzy. They feel so good to hear, but it feels even better when she shows me it.

"I love you more, darling." I respond as I gently let her get off of me.

I take her hand in mine once more and I lead us toward the guy who I talked to earlier to plan this. He gives me a knowing look as he takes the two lanterns that I bought from him. Katya doesn't notice because she's staring over at the small section of the ocean that is being filled with floating lights by other people.