Chapter 33 - A Change

I open my door with a sigh to see Akim, Morelia, and Alina

Alina gives me one of her big smiles and I can't help but return it. I then take her away from her father after she reaches her arms out for me, and I motion for her parents to enter, and they do.

I close the door and turn around to see Morelia looking around my apartment in confusion before looking at me with a questioning look. When I said I destroyed my apartment, I meant it. I had to replace everything so now it looks different from the last time she was here. It actually helped me as a form of therapy to build the furniture myself, clean, and redecorate my place.

"I needed a change." I say but the way she is staring at me tells me she only half believes me.

"Was it that or did you take your anger out on your entire place?" Akim asks taking a seat on one of my new couches.

I don't answer and that gives them their answers. Morelia sighs softly taking a seat beside her husband.

"Do you guys want anything to drink?" I ask and when they shake their heads, I take a seat on another couch. I place Alina beside me and place a pillow beside her using it as a border so that she won't fall over the edge.

"Amado, this doesn't feel right." Morelia speaks a few seconds later, with worry on her face.

Of course, it doesn't feel right. Katya should be with me and only me. She belongs to me, but she never thought the same.

Akim and Morelia know that Katya and I had a thing going on. They somehow got me to tell them about it. They surprisingly didn't make me feel more like a dumbass, but they also didn't make me feel better.

I stay silent giving my hand to Alina who begins hitting it and aggressively playing with my fingers.

"I really don't want to talk about her or think." I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"Amado, there is something wrong. I can feel it and it's obvious too by the look on her face every time I have seen her these past few days." She adds on and she has a bit of fear in her eyes.

"Everything is just not adding up and she doesn't look happy in the least bit. It's so weird how she never even mentioned that man to me or Gianna." The look on Morelia's face is one of so much worry and it suddenly gives me a little bit of hope.

What if she is right? I really want to think that she is so that I won't have to feel this way any longer.

"She also refused to give any details of her relationship with that man. She doesn't even want to say how they met." Yeah, there is something wrong.

"Fuck, I feel like an asshole now." I run a hand across my face thinking back on a few days ago.

"Why? What did you do?" Akim asks with genuine curiosity.

"She tried apologizing to me, but I think I only made things worse because I was so angry with her." I respond and him and Morelia look at me with questioning but knowing looks.

"Yes, I'm in love with her. It's the reason I feel so betrayed and hurt." I answer the question before they can even ask.

"I really felt that she was feeling something for me. She only lied to me, and I found out she lied to me from someone else instead of her." I tell them thinking back on one moment in specific. It's something that I can't get out of my head, and I need her to explain it to me. I don't want to come up with fake conclusions.

"There is definitely something wrong if she looks miserable and refuses to give any details. I'm sure there is an explanation for everything and an explanation as to why she refuses to talk." Akim tells us in all seriousness.

"I don't think she would want to see me or hear from me after our last interaction." I tell them glancing over at Alina who is blabbering a conversation to my hand.

"Fix that and get her back. I promise you that I'm more than sure that she isn't happy and there is more to this than what she is letting us see and hear." Morelia is basically pleading me now.

"That man just has a horrible vibe to him. I really don't want her to marry him and apart from that Akim thinks he might be the actual thief." She told me so much without really saying anything.

He's a thief and so is Katya so there must be something there. If he is the thief the Ivanovs want, then I have another good reason to kill him. I already want to kill him for taking my woman away from me and I can just feel that I won't let him marry her. She has become mine without even knowing it.

She's my first love and that's why this is hurting me so bad. I'm not letting the damn ceremony even start. Katya is mine and at first, I was going to let her go because I thought it was the best for her. Now that I have been told otherwise, I'm taking her back and I refuse to let anyone even think about taking her away from me.

I love that woman more than my own life. I love her more by the day and since the moment I realized it, my feelings for her have only become stronger and more intense. I don't care what I have to do, I'm not letting her get married to anyone that isn't me.

"Amado?" Morelia snaps her fingers to get my attention.

I snap out of my thoughts and stare at her and Akim. "I'll find out what is happening, and I promise that I won't let her marry that bastard."

Morelia smiles in relief at my words. "Thank you. We'll do a bit of investigating of our own too."

She stands up and then stands in front of me bending down a little to look me in the eyes. "If she is meant for you then you will have her again. Don't stress yourself out or think too much on it."

"If she isn't meant for me then I'll make her be meant for me."

_________________________________