Chapter 34 - A Plan

I turn the stove off just as there is knocking on my door

I try to think of who could be here because no one informed me that they were visiting. Maybe Akim and Morelia forgot something the other day. They are the only ones that visit apart from my mother and aunt.

I make my way toward the entrance of my apartment and open the door. I become very confused when seeing the persons in front of me. Ilya and Anton are standing there with what look like terrified and worried looks on their faces. It's all that I need to know that something is wrong with Katya.

"Come in." I immediately open the door wider for them to enter and they do without any hesitation.

"Sorry for just showing up like this, man, but it's important and kind of urgent." Ilya immediately speaks looking anxious.

"We got your address from Katya's phone when she was in the shower." Anton answers the question I had first when seeing them.

"Come take a seat so that we can talk. Would you like to have breakfast with me?" It's pretty early in the morning and something tells me they are here without their sister's knowledge.

"Yes, please." Anton instantly answers without a second thought.

The glare Ilya sends him causes me to smile as I turn around to serve us all the breakfast I had just finished making. I have made more than enough because I am really bad at guessing how much of the ingredients to cook.

After a few minutes I take a seat with the two boys who were waiting for me to finally begin eating. They don't waste a second before they are shoving their face with food. It makes me feel like we are a family except we are missing their sister who also happens to be the love of my life.

"Katya has been going through some things and has been accidentally sleeping in. Today was one of those days and we also are up earlier because we need to go to school after this, so we didn't have time to eat." Anton explains after a few seconds of silence.

His words make me want to go and take care of her. I want to know what is happening with her so that I can fix it and make it all go away.

"You don't have to explain yourselves to me." I assure them with a small smile, and they seem to relax a little.

"This is really good. What is this?" Ilya asks after taking a sip of orange juice that I also freshly made.

"Chilaquiles. It's a common Mexican breakfast." I respond before beginning to eat myself.

"What is it that is important and urgent?" I ask thinking back on what Ilya told me when they first arrived.

They both look at me with the same nervous and scared faces from earlier. I just know that I won't like what they will say.

"Whatever it is I can help." I assure hoping that they will talk because I'm sure this is about my Katya. I'm willing to die for my woman if it is necessary.