Chapter 21 - A Needed Presence

His stupid text just reminded me of why I really disliked him in the beginning

He's really annoying.

I burst into the very high end and expensive restaurant. I tell the waiter the name to the reservation and with that he quickly leads me to the table.

He's already sitting there, and it only makes me more annoyed and madder that he is so good looking. He wants to question me on the Russian's stupid jewelry that I had forgotten about to be honest.

I angrily sit down in front of him just as he stands to pull my chair out but obviously doesn't get to do it. He sighs with a slight nod before going back to sitting down in front of me.

"Hurry with the questions I have things to do." I lie looking everywhere but him.

I actually decide to call over a waiter and I order myself a strawberry muffin which I will not be paying for. I need to something so that maybe I can calm down.

The idiot stays quiet and only stares at me with a very faint smile that is almost unnoticeable.

"What?" I question with obvious irritation.

"I don't have any questions."

I'm not sure if I should be more pissed off with that or finally calm down.

"I know that you didn't steal the damn jewelry." He states very seriously and that disappears a big chunk of my annoyance.

"Then why am I here?" I question in confusion.

He only shrugs. "I don't know..."

He is staring at me weirdly almost in a mesmerized way. It's similar to the look I usually get in my eyes when I hold a shiny diamond in my hands.

"I just wanted to have your presence near me. I also wanted to invite you to eat something." His words are soft, and I'm still confused.

"Here you go ma'am. Would you like anything else?" The waiter suddenly appears and places my muffin down in front of me.

"We will have two cappuccinos." Amado orders for us and the waiter nods before excusing himself once again.

"Why?" I can't seem to take my eyes off of him.

"Why what?" He stares right back at me and it's like we both don't have any shame in just very clearly and intensely staring at each other.

"Why do you want me around you?" I respond while admiring how light his eyes look right now in natural lighting since we're sitting in front of a window.

He shrugs not answering but continuing to stare.

I get the sudden urge to reach over the table to take his precious face in my hands and feel his pretty lips on mine. I don't do it.

I'm staring at his lips now.

When I look up at his eyes, I see that their attention is on my lips now too.

It's silent and there is a lot of tension and staring between us until the waiter interrupts us by placing our cappuccinos in front of us.

"Thank you." I tell the waiter as Amado now stares back at my eyes and I decide to look away from him.

The waiter excuses himself once more before leaving and I decide to drink from my coffee since I don't know what else to do. I don't know what to do with myself.

"We should spend more time together." His words make it a bit hard for me to swallow my beverage.

I calmly place my cup down and look at him in question. "And why should that happen?"

I still don't know him, and I'm scared to.

"Why should it not?"

I don't know what to respond to that, so I take a bite of my muffin to avoid talking for at least a few seconds. I actually become distracted when I realize how good the muffin actually is. When I place it down on the small table Amado has the nerve to take it and pull a piece off before eating it.

I can't help the expression that appears on my face. It's one with a mix of annoyance and unhappiness that he would do that when I was planning on eating the whole thing.

"You're adorable." His words make me frown deeper.

He thinks I'm adorable. I don't know how to feel about that, and he can clearly read how I am feeling because he tilts his head back and lets out a deep chuckle.

I think that's the first time I've heard him sort of laugh. It's a beautiful sound and I would have made this interaction happen a lot sooner if I would have known he would be gifting me a chuckle.

I stare at him like he is the most expensive and shiniest diamond I have ever seen. I'm realizing I'm feeling deeper things for him and I'm also very aware that it isn't a good thing. I just can't help it. He doesn't annoy me as badly as he did originally. He still is annoying but just not to the point where he pisses me off.

I don't know how that happened, but it did.

"Relax, I'll buy as many muffins as you would like." He tells me very seriously.

"I should have ordered a chocolate one." I blurt out the sudden thought.

I almost laugh at the expression that is now on his precious face. He doesn't find my comment funny. It's easy to tell that he regrets even telling me that he is allergic to chocolate.

__

"Would you like anything else?" The kind waiter asks as he takes our empty cups of coffee from the table.

"No-"

"Yes, my friend here would love two slices to go of that cheesecake that is drowned in some sort of chocolate sauce." I order politely with a kind smile.

"Of course, I'll bring them right over." He returns the smile and glances over at the officer before leaving.

When I look at him, he is already staring at me very unhappily. He's practically glaring, and I feel such a thrill from it. It's like annoying him feeds my happiness.

I can't help the huge smile that appears on my face, teeth and all.

"Relax, they're for my brothers." I say with a small chuckle.

I'm not sure if I see right but I swear that he rolls his eyes at my annoyance, and it only makes another small laugh leave me.

"Are you still sure you need my presence around you?"

_________________________________