Chapter 9 - A Broken Glass

I stop in my steps and look around me to make sure not a single person is around

It's very late at night and I just stole another one of the most expensive diamond necklaces in the world.

I open my purse still keeping an eye out on my surroundings. The feeling of the diamonds on my fingertips sends so much excitement throughout my body. I gently pull it out with both hands and fall in love with how the moonlight immediately makes the beautiful rocks twinkle.

I smile to myself and let out a big sigh of satisfaction. I then put it back in my purse and continue my walk home.

I remember how scared I was to even think about walking alone at night because of what had happened to me the one time I did. I had to get that fear away in order to accomplish some heists. It's easier to walk sometimes because it's easier to hide in the dark.

Since my parents had connections to the Bratva, I took that as an opportunity to associate myself with them. I met a guy who was an amazing assassin but not to Morelia's level. He taught me how to fight, defend myself, use a gun, and be able to escape from places. It has all worked out in my favor and has actually helped me on heists. He unfortunately passed away a while ago from an overdose which was honestly shocking and a bit sad.

I stop in my steps when I see a bar from afar. It's one of the high end and expensive ones in the city. I'm not the type to really drink or even go to a bar but a drink sounds nice right now. It can be my form of celebration from my little accomplishment today and the huge one from almost a month or two ago. I'm still very proud of that and I'm sure that I'll never stop.

I begin making my way toward the fancy place and in just a few minutes I enter. There are only a few people here and it's understandable since it's very late at night.

A woman offers to take my coat, but I decline since I'm a bit cold. Winter is coming very soon, and I can definitely feel it from the sudden cold breezes in the air.

I take a seat on one of the stools and I place my purse up on the counter as a bartender makes his way toward me. I order my drink just as I grab my phone from my purse to see that I've received a text message.

I furrow my eyebrows when seeing that it is from an unknown number. I immediately get a bad feeling because the last time that happened my parents ended up dead.

I hesitantly click on it to read what it says.