Chapter 30 - A Monster

I stare at the beautiful woman in front of me

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I stare at the beautiful woman in front of me.

She's so beautiful but has sad eyes and the inside of her body feels like a forest on fire that was started by her sadness, anger, and past. I feel like shit.

I feel like I'm suffocating in my dress even if it's so simple. I threw away the one Boris cruelly wanted me to wear. There was no way that I would be able to even touch it considering the painful and disgusting memory it holds.

I sigh as there is a knock on the bathroom door. It's most likely Boris.

He planned an engagement party without me even knowing. I don't even know who he invited, and I really hope that it is no one that I know.

I left my brothers home because I don't want them to witness any of this. I still haven't even told them that I am forcing myself to get married to a monster. I don't even know how I will do it.

There is a more aggressive knock on the door, and I finally open it to see Boris waiting for me. There is a huge smile on his face, and it is only telling me that something is wrong.

"Your friends are here to celebrate with us."

My mouth goes dry. "What?"

"This is a special moment for us so they should be here too." He grabs a strand of my hair twirling it around his fingers.

I immediately shove his hand away and try to walk past him, but he doesn't let me. He grabs me by the arm painfully tight and makes me walk with him. I can't even try to move away from him because of how badly he is hurting me. He doesn't let go until we're standing right in front of Morelia, her husband, and the two Russian men that work with them.

I'm about to speak when my words get caught in my throat. Amado suddenly appears standing beside one of the Russian men.

I avoid looking at him even if his eyes are boring into me. I want to die.

He must be thinking the absolute worst about me.

"Here she is." Boris tells them while looking at me and pulling me very closely to him by the waist.

"We can see that." Akim responds to him.

I keep my eyes on Morelia because she is one of the two persons in this room that brings me comfort. It's obvious that she is confused by this and has many questions.

"We're very happy that you were all able to make it." Boris speaks again as I look around at the huge place that is filled with so many people.

I didn't know that he knew so many persons. If only they knew the person, he is but then again, I'm sure most of these people are in Bratva and couldn't care less.

"Right, Katya?" He looks at me with a look in his eyes that is threatening.

Being the fake and lying bitch that I seem to be, I put on a smile and force myself to get even closer to the man beside me.

"We are." I confirm still looking at my friend because I refuse to look at anyone else.

"Why are we now just finding out about this?" Morelia asks with curiosity and a small smile. She still has a suspicious and questioning look in her eyes as she looks into mine.

"We wanted to keep our relationship private before announcing it, but things got out of hand and now we're getting married." It physically hurts me to say that especially in front of him.

It pains me even more when I briefly glance at Amado who looks hurt and enraged all at once. He looks betrayed and I feel awfully guilty. It stings even more when I notice that he takes his ring off and shoves it into his pocket.

"Where is your ring?" Vladimir, the blonde Russian, questions. Him and Nikolai both have suspicious looks on their faces and I don't even know them like that.

"At the cleaners." Again, with the lies, Katya.

__

I blink away the tears that I have been wanting to cry all night.

Morelia and all of them are still here. Amado disappeared a long time ago and I'm sure he left. I hope he did because I really can't face him. I can't let him look at me.

This feels like torture and my hate for Boris has only become stronger. I don't know how I am going to be able to survive being with him. I'm sure it won't last before I lose my mind.

I was able to sneak away from the stupid party and I'm currently outside. I'm taking in the silence and the cold of the night. I can't stand anyone because I am so pissed off with myself to the point that I feel so much hate toward myself as well.

I think I'm alone until I hear footsteps hitting the pavement and coming toward me. I turn to see who it is, and I feel my blood drain when seeing his beautiful face with a glare on it. The way he is looking at me is so different and cold compared to how soft his eyes usually are.

"What happened, Katya?" Amado stands in front of me and very close.

I hate how he is staring so deeply into my eyes, and I absolutely hate to see how hurt he seems because of me. I hate to be the cause of his misery.

I stay quiet because I can't tell him anything.

"Fucking talk." He cages me back against a wall. "Why are you doing this to me?"

"I'm giving you this chance to talk so please do it." He has desperation in his voice, and I feel a knot in my throat.

"There is nothing for me to say." I hate the way he is staring at me and the fact that I can't explain myself to him.

"Now really isn't the time to talk." I don't want someone to see us especially Boris because I'm afraid of what he will do.

"Please leave, Amado." It pains me the way he is still staring at me and it's evident that I have ripped his heart out of his chest.

I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I didn't want for any of this to happen.

He hesitantly backs off of me and looks away from me. I then watch in silence as he walks away until he has disappeared, and I am left alone again.

I decide to return to the party and right as I enter, I am met with Boris. He has a furious look on his face, and he painfully takes me by the arm once more dragging to a corner.

He then makes me look at him and gets very close to my face. "Stop being a fucking whore. There is no reason for you to be alone with another man."

He saw.

"I swear that if you don't fulfill your part of the deal I will hurt, destroy, and most likely kill that fucking fed." He isn't bluffing and I can clearly see how serious he is being.

"Touch him in any way and I will kill you myself." I push him back because I hate how close he is and I am tired of being so afraid of him.

My words seem to take him by surprise by the look he gives me. He doesn't get to respond because a man comes up to us and thankfully takes him away.

I feel so lonely in this place, and it only adds on to the sadness I was already feeling.

I don't know how long I will be able to put up with this.

_________________________________