Chapter 2 - A Cry For Help

A/N: I just wanted to warn you all now that this chapter is a little dark and could be triggering

A/N: I just wanted to warn you all now that this chapter is a little dark and could be triggering. This event will also be mentioned further on in the story. Take this as a warning and thank you again for reading :)

"Ruslan and Artyom." A handsome man appears in front of us acknowledging my parents with a smile.

I notice my parents' mood change almost immediately. They seem to be annoyed to see the man.

"Boris." Mama acknowledges him back just as he begins to stare at me.

I instantly feel uncomfortable with his eyes on me. The faint smirk on his lips isn't helping either.

"Who is this beautiful woman?" He questions, devouring me with his stare.

I've never felt more uncomfortable in my life than right now. Something about him is giving me this horrible feeling to the point that I almost feel a bit anxious.

Probably sensing it, papa puts an arm around my shoulder and pulls me close to him in a protective matter. Mama stands on my other side holding onto my arm.

"My daughter, now what do you want?" Papa questions seriously.

Something tells me that they know this man because of what they do. They told me a while back that they had gotten involved with the Bratva, in specific, the thieves.

"To talk to you both about an amazing deal that I'm sure you'll love." The tone in which he says it in tells me that my parents aren't going to love this deal that he is talking about.

"Honey, why don't you go inside while we assist this man?" Mama is pleading me with her eyes to do it, so I nod and walk away into the house. I mostly do it because that man's presence was horrible to be in.

I take a seat in the living room waiting patiently for them to walk in.

After what feels like forever, my parents walk in through the front door. They look mad but terrified at the same time and it makes the small bit of anxiety that I was originally experiencing worsen.

"Is everything okay?" I question to get their attention. They both look at me softly and join me in sitting down.

"Everything is fine." Papa assures as my mother gives me a soft kiss on the temple and pulls me into her arms gently.

Something doesn't feel right and I'm more than sure that they are lying.

__

A week later.

It's so hot at the moment even if it's nighttime. I'm sure we're in a heatwave.

Heavy footsteps from behind me suddenly sound and I try my best to stay calm. I'm now just realizing that wearing a sundress while being out alone at night isn't such a bright idea.