twenty

Unedited, it's been a while I'm sorry, been focusing on other stories since I don't really have the motivation for this one...

°•°🌱°•°

Doyoung watched as the boys ran through the dance a couple of times before they finally took a break.

"How were we Doyoung," Mashiho asked.

Doyoung smiled handing a water to Yedam, "you guys are doing great, I just need to talk to Yedam about something."

Yedam tilted his head, lowering his voice so the others couldnt hear them, hey what's that about?"

Doyoung watched as the other boys were talking among each other, "Yedam, are you feeling okay? You don't look so good."

Yedam just smiled, "I'm seriously fine."

"I know you have stuff on your mind, why can't you tell me," Doyoung asked, his eyes desperately.

Yedam let out a sigh, "stay the night at my place."

Doyoung looked worried, "I don't know if I can."

Yedam looked Doyoung in the eyes, "please, I'll tell you everything."

Doyoung blinked, "I'll ask my mom, okay? How about that?"

Yedam nodded slowly and walked back to the boys. Doyoung frowned a bit, He's never seen Yedam like this. He seems so tired like he had no strength left in him. The thought made his chest feel heavy, it made it seem like it was something serious.

Was it serious? Is Yedam okay?

Doyoungs mom ended up giving him the okay. She just made sure to tell him to stay safe and to be careful.  Doyoung smiled a bit waiting for Yedam after the dance practice.

"Get home safe hyung," Haruto said, he was the last to leave, leaving Yedam with Doyoung.

Doyoung twiddled with the ends of his sweater sleeves, "I didnt have extra clothes with me."

Yedam smiled, "you can wear mine. Are you ready to go?"

Doyoung nodded following the male to his apartment. Doyoung was nervous, how could he not be? He was going to his crushes house for the first time, just the two of them. With mutual feelings! How could he not freck out?

When they had finally reach the house Yedam unlocked the door letting the younger go in first.

"You can look around if you'd like, I'm going to get you a pair of clothes so we can both shower. Are you hungry?"

Doyoung peeked at Yedam, "not really."

"Me neither, we can just shower and go to bed. I'm tired."

Doyoung nodded slowly as Yedam disappeared into what was assumed to be his room. Doyoung looked around after he set all his stuff by the door. Not that he had much on him.

Yedam had the apartment decorated with random trinkets and music related decorations, like the David Bowie poster. Doyoung smiled, he felt like looking at all this stuff was like looking into Yedam's life.

"Oh what's this?"

Doyoung picked a picture frame it was a picture of Yedam in high school, he smiled a bit. Until he realized that he was also in the photo sitting in the back alone. Doyoung started to frown remember the hurtful words people would say to him.

"I think these will fit you okay, Doyoung?"

Doyoung jumped putting the photo down quickly wiping his eyes, "sorry what was that?"

"You can go ahead and show first, I'm going to take some painkillers, " Yedam said.

"Makesure to drink more water," Doyoung said as he took the clothes.

After a bit they were both showered sitting on Yedams bed. Doyoung sighed looking up at the ceiling, Yedam peered over at him.

"Tired?"

"A bit, I actually don't really sleep that well," Doyoung said.

Yedam turned the light off, the dim purple night lights lit up the room. It was dark but they could still see each other. Yedam laid down turning to look at Doyoung, "I have a hard time sleeping too."

Doyoung turned to look at Yedam, "what is the reason I'm here?"

Yedam look up a bit trying to put his words together, "I really like you. I have for a while. It's just that, I don't know why I'm so nervous. Maybe I'm scared of losing."

"Losing what?"

"You."

Doyoung blinked, "me?"

"I know you saw the picture in the living room, I was in junior year."

"That's the year you had the choir solo."

"Yeah, except I didn't go."

"What why?"

"I was with you."

Doyoung was so confused, "what do you mean?"

"That photo was the day I started to like you. I always thought you were so interesting and ambitious. I knew you admired me from afar, you are the reason I made it this to where I am today," Yedam grabbed Doyoungs hand caressing his knuckles with the pad of his thumb.

"Yeah but why didn't you do your solo," Doyoung asked.

"Like I said I was with you," Yedam said.

Doyoung blinked, "but why?"

"Cause you fainted, you were supposed to help with the stage and you fainted," Yedam whispered.

Doyoung shook his head, "I don't remember."

"I really don't think I can do this with out you, let alone picture a life without you in it." Doyoung heard Yedam sniffle he reached his hand up to wiped Yedams eyes, "I was so scared I would lose you."

Doyoung pulled Yedam to his chest patting his hair letting the boy rest in his arm to the sound of his heartbeat, "listen Yedam, I only know how to love you."