12

After tracking the IP address of the disturbing video and dispensing a CSU team to the site, Detective Kim Seokjin arrived at an apartment complex. It had been taped off, and many bystanders were staring, asking the guarding officers what was going on.

Seokjin dipped under the tape, and was met at the door by his younger partner.

"The management of this apartment has the security footage up for us." Jungkook said, one hand on his gun as they walked. "He identified the kidnapped boy."

Seokjin nodded, glad to be finally making some progress on this case.

The manager looked like he was about to be sick, fiddling with his hands as he sat in front of a computer in a cramped office. Several small TV screens showed various points of the outside of the complex, as well as the lobby.

"I had no idea!" The manager exclaimed immediately as the two officers entered. "I only check the tapes if the police had been called, for like a robbery or something! I swear, I would have called you right away if I had known someone had been taken from here!"

Jungkook laid a hand on the mans shoulder. "You're not in trouble, take a deep breath. Show us the video, if you would."

The manager nodded, frantic to comply. "It's that camera, top right. F7."

Seokjin leaned in to see better at the grainy black and white image.

The timestamp showed it was almost eleven at night when the front doors to the apartment opened, and a tall, strong figure hurried out, carrying a smaller figure in its arms. They were wearing all black, just like in the videos Seokjin had seen taken from the stream online. With a sick feeling, the detective watched as the taller figure lowered the younger boy into the trunk of a dark car, before slamming the lid closed and hurrying to get into the drivers seat.

It raced off into the night, and Seokjin noted how the license plates had been removed from the vehicle.

"That's him." The manager nodded, pausing the video. "I know that kid, he's a student at the college by here. Kim Namjoon."

So moonchild was Kim Namjoon.

"I'll put together a file of everything we know about him." Jungkook said and the older nodded.

"What else can you tell us about him?" Seokjin pulled out his small notepad while Jungkook stepped out to make the call.

The manager shrugged. "He never got into any trouble. I know he's like a super smart kid, and I never had any complaints about him. He pays his rent on time, though I never was sure how he could afford it when I never saw him leave to go to a job."

"Have any weird visitors come over, asking about him?" Seokjin asked. "Or have had any people been loitering around here?"

The manager shook his head. "None that I can remember. I have no idea why anyone would want him, he doesn't hurt anyone and mostly just keeps to himself. I really hope he's okay."

"Thanks for your help." Seokjin scribbled down some notes before tucking the notepad away. "Give us a call if you can think of anything else."

The manager nodded, looking sad as he took the contact card the detective gave him. "Why do bad things happen to good people?"

Seokjin didn't have an answer.

-

Yoongi's heart was about to explode out of his chest as he kept his head ducked in the crowded halls of his high school.

He glanced at the main office, feeling great relief when he saw Jimin walking by, holding a stack of papers. He hurried in and grabbed the boys arm, yanking him behind a large potted plant.

"Hey- Yoongi?!" Jimin exclaimed, struggling to not drop his papers. "What-"

"I need a favor." Yoongi explained quickly. "I have to skip today but I can't let the man and woman find out. Can you edit the attendance sheets for me when they come in and mark that I was here all day?"

Jimin blinked. "Why do you need to skip?"

"I just have to, I'm sorry I can't explain. Please, will you help me?" Yoongi pleaded.

Jimin looked concerned, but after seeing the urgency in Yoongi's eyes, he sighed and nodded. "Okay, fine. But-"

"Thank you!" Yoongi squished the boy in a tight hug, before bolting out of the office.

Jimin watched him go, wondering what that was all about.