17

"Hey," Jungkook swiveled in his chair when he saw Seokjin walking by on his way to his office. "Got all the info about everything related to Kim Namjoon."

Seokjin nodded. "Bring it into my office."

Jungkook got up and followed the senior officer into his office, shutting the door behind them for privacy and quiet.

"How was talking to the parents?"

Seokjon sighed deeply, pouring himself a cup of coffee. "They were deeply upset, of course. Couldn't get a word out of the mother because she was crying so hard, and the father said he didn't know of anyone who would want to do this to Namjoon. Neither of them knew about the online porn he did, so I bet there's a lot of other things Namjoon kept hidden. I doubt any of his other friends or family will be able to help us."

Jungkook nodded grimly. "His phone wasn't taken with him, so we can't use that to track him. We have an APB out for that car, but without a license plate it'll be a stretch. You know how many black Toyota Camry's have been sold in this city in just one month? A little over sixteen thousand! Its like looking for a drop of water in the ocean."

"I got someone working on narrowing down that route." Seokjin sipped his coffee and looked over some of the papers. "What else do we have?"

"Just all his info, like education and previous jobs." Jungkook had read through it already and didn't think any of this older information would help, but he was willing to look through it all again with his senior partner.

"Cross check any of his old neighbors, classmates, teachers, coaches, tutors and co workers, see if any of them drive a black Toyota Camry." Seokjin said. "We'll start a search parameter of 30 miles from Namjoon's apartment and then slowly expand from there. If that comes up with nothing, we'll regroup and think again."

Jungkook nodded. "I'll send out a message as well to his online following. See if anyone there might have a clue."

"Good." Seokjin sighed, replaying the abduction video in his mind. "If that hadn't been caught on tape we wouldn't have known he was missing. Schools don't report college dropouts and his parents hadn't been in touch in weeks."

"The lab is doing an analysis on the figure in the video." Jungkook told him. "They're trying to get a more detailed profile of the man."

"Once that's done, add it to the cross check." Seokjin said. "From there we can interview suspects and canvass the neighborhood once we get it narrowed down."

Jungkook leaned back in his chair and thought. "What if the kidnapper was one of Namjoon's watchers?"

Seokjin frowned. "You think someone got jealous they could only see him through a screen and decided to kidnap him?"

Jungkook shrugged. "Crazier things have happened."

"It's a possibility. Let's keep it in mind when engaging with Namjoon's online audience. We definitely don't want to alert the abductor that we're on his trail."

Jungkook snorted. "Yeah, if that happened, we might as well sign Namjoon's death certificate now."