36

Namjoon struggled briefly in the mans hold, but stopped when the click of the safety being turned off on the gun sounded.

"Please," he begged, terrified of being shot. "This is a suicide mission! Please just think about it! They have the house surrounded and know you killed your wife- they have the right to shoot to kill! Even with a hostage you can't hope to win here! Just turn yourself in, it might even help your sentence be reduced!"

"I'm not fucking turning myself in. That's why you're my human shield, kid." Holden dug the barrel of the gun painfully against the boys head.

Namjoon bit back a cry and struggled to calm down. "And then what? If you manage to strike up a deal with them, they'll never adhere to it. They'll find a way to backstab you the moment I'm free."

"Then I guess you won't ever be free."

A sudden pounding on the door.

"Holden Saint Germaine!" A loud voice shouted. "Let the boy go and come out with your hands up!"

"Now!" Added another voice. "Or we start shooting!"

"No, don't!" Namjoon screamed.

Holden chuckled, and Namjoon was genuinely shocked that the man could find a way to laugh in this situation.  

"Kim Namjoon?" The first voice called.

"Don't shoot!" Namjoon cried. "He's got a gun- he'll kill me and then himself!"

Holden scowled, tightening his hold on the boy. "How did you know I was planning that."

"Namjoon, this is detective Kim Seokjin talking, and my partner Jeon Jungkook is here too. We've been looking for you for a while now, and we're going to get you out." The voice said calmly. 

Tears welled up in the porn stars eyes. "Where's Yoongi?"

"We got him," the other voice chimed in. "We picked him up from school yesterday, and now he's h-"

A few mumbled words that Namjoon couldn't quite make out and then the other voice spoke up again. 

"Yoongi helped us find you. Now can you tell us what the situation is inside? Where is Holden?" Seokjin asked.

"He-"

A hand pressed down tightly over the boys mouth, muffling his words.

"Shut up." Holden snapped. "You've said enough."

"Let him go!" Seokjin demanded through the locked door. "This entire place is surrounded- you have no where to go other than to turn yourself in."

"You have no where to go either, detective pretty boy." Holden called. "The moment one of you barge in here, I shoot the brat in the head!"

Namjoon closed his eyes as a tear ran down his cheek. 

While the adults screamed at each other over his head, the only thing he could do was focus on the fact Yoongi was safe.

Yoongi was safe, Yoongi was safe...

-

Yoongi screamed as the cop car bounced over the uneven dirt ground, throwing up plumes of dust. 

He didn't know how to turn on the windshield wipers, so he was semi blind as the car barreled straight ahead.

The radio crackled, dispatch demanding he pull over and stop the car.

"I'm sorry!" He screamed, not sure if anyone could hear him. He could only hope he didn't accidentally run anyone over, or get arrested for doing this.

Trying to get a grip, Yoongi tightened his hands on the steering wheel and turned it slightly so that he was heading right for the small house.