23

"How is this even possible?!" Jungkook groaned, running both hands through his hair.

They had spent countless hours cross checking anyone in Namjoon's life with the black car model that had been involved in the boys kidnapping, only to come up empty with all their leads. Messaging moonchilds followers hadn't given any new clues either- everyone either didn't know or made up lies to get their fifteen minutes of fame.

Seokjin lifted his head from where he had been resting on his desk. Exhausted, the detective hadn't left his office in over 32 hours.

"Go home, Kook." He sighed, rubbing his temples. "Get some sleep. We'll regroup in the morning."

Jungkook shook his head. "I can't sleep knowing that poor kid is out there. God knows what that pervert freak is doing-"

Seokjin looked up when Jungkook suddenly stopped speaking, noticing the younger officers eyes were wide.

"What is it?"

Jungkook blinked a few times, thinking. "I think it's pretty obvious whoever kidnapped Namjoon did so for sexual reasons."

Seokjin nodded slowly.

"Well... what if the kidnapper took videos or pictures of those...reasons? What if he uploaded them? Or sold the content for money?"

A spark of hope.

"Jungkook, you're a genius." Seokjin lunged across his desk to grab the phone. He dialed quickly, tapping his fingers impatiently while it rang.

Finally a voice picked up.

"Seochang."

"Chang, I need you to run a dark web search." Seokjin said. "Run any hits related to moonchild, dimples, camboy, porn star, and anything with the faces cut out of the frame."

"Okay, but thats going to be a huge search." Chang warned. "I'll get my team on it and let you know what we find."

"Hurry." Seokjin urged. He hung up.

"Do you think they'll find anything?" Jungkook bit his nail.

"I think they'll find a lot. But whether its what we need, I don't know." Seokjin sighed. "I'm going to look over the files again."

"I'll grab us some coffee." Jungkook got up, readying himself for another long night.

-

Twelve cups of coffee later and numerous phone calls ending in cold leads, a knock came at the door.

Jungkook woke up from where he had been snoring in the chair, getting up to answer it.

Chang from the imaging department stood there. His face was grim, and he held one piece of paper in his hands.

"Found something."

Seokjin was out of his seat in an instant.

Chang handed them the paper. "This image was very popular in the circuit. We couldn't trace it back to where it had been uploaded from, but does it look like your guy?"

Seokjin looked at the photo, Jungkook peering over his shoulder.

It showed two boys on a mattress, one wearing just a sweatshirt and boxers, with his hands tied behind his back. The other boy was smaller, with very pale skin. They were kissing, but based on their expressions, Seokjin could tell it was forced.

"That one." Jungkook immediately pointed at the boy with tan skin. "Doesn't that look like moonchild? I've seen so many of his videos, I'd recognize those abs anywhere."

Seokjin had to agree, and his hands started to tremble at the realization they finally had a real lead.

"Who is the other boy then?" Jungkook asked. "Another victim?"

"Find out who the other boy is." Seokjin told Chang. "He might be our one link to catch the bastard who took this photo."

Chang nodded and hurried away.

Seokjin sank down in his chair, mind whirling with thoughts.

Jungkook came up behind him, rubbing his hyungs shoulders.

"We got him, Kimmie. We finally fucking got him."