22

As much as Namjoon didn't want to leave Yoongi's side, and as much as he didn't want to go to Vylette, Namjoon knew he didn't have a choice.

After calming himself down somewhat, Namjoon pressed one last gentle kiss to Yoongi's forehead, before carefully sliding off the bed. He nervously drank half a bottle of water, leaving the rest for Yoongi to eat and drink when he woke up.

With one last look at the sleeping boy, Namjoon quietly shut the door behind him.

The house was still and quiet and the boy paused in the hallway, listening.

He didn't know where Holden was, and he tensed as he imagined the man suddenly jumping out from a dark corner to grab him.

Namjoon shook his head. That was ridiculous. Holden was in no state to do anything for a while. And the person who had incapacitated him was waiting for Namjoon in the bedroom at the end of the hall.

The door was shut, but red light was glowing from the small gap between the carpet and the door.

Taking a deep breath, Namjoon forced himself to walk silently down the hall towards it.

He paused in front of the door, wanting nothing more than to run back to Yoongi's side. But he forced himself to raise his fist and knock gently on the wood.

"Come in."

Namjoon's heart stuttered, and he opened the door.

The room was bathed in red light from LED strips that were pasted along the perimeter of the ceiling. He hadn't noticed them last time he had been in here, but he had been blindfolded then and very much distracted by what was happening at the time.

Vylette was lounging on the bed in her bra and underwear, leaning against a bunch of propped up pillows, one long leg bent and a thick book in her lap.

Namjoon was surprised she could read the print in this dark lighting.

She beckoned him over with one finger, not taking her eyes off the pages in front of her.

Namjoon forced himself to walk across the carpet, uncomfortably aware he was also in just his boxers.

He paused at the edge of the bed and she patted the spot next to her.

Namjoon climbed onto the bed, sitting with his legs tucked under him. He looked at the book she was reading and was surprised that he recognized it. Natchez Burning, by Greg Iles. He definitely hadn't expected her to be reading a trilogy about civil rights, racial tensions in the south in the 1960's, and the Kennedy assassination. It just once again proved she was the powerhouse of this place, and shouldn't ever be underestimated.

Namjoon sat rigid and quiet while she finished reading the chapter.

After placing a bookmark between the pages, she closed the thick book and set it aside. Finally she faced him.

The red lighting made her features appear darker, her normally blue eyes reflecting red.

"Lay down."

Namjoon quickly did, settling himself on his front beside her.

He was facing away from her, his hands placed palm down by his head, heart beating hard and fast, and he jumped when he felt a hand place itself on his back.

He could feel her eyes on him as she rubbed her hand over his bare skin. The hand went as far down as the waistband of his boxers, and as high up as his shoulders, massaging them.

"Look at me."

Namjoon immediately turned his head, facing her.

She smirked at his quick obedience. "Good boy. You're a fast learner, aren't you?"