37

The impact knocked all of them to the ground, shouting and crying out as drywall and debris rained over them.

Namjoon gasped, choking on all the dust in the air that had been thrown up from the dirty carpet. His vision slowly came back as the dirt and dust cleared from a breeze blowing through the giant hole in the wall- a hole that had half a cop car through it.

It hurt his neck to do so, but Namjoon forced himself to look over his shoulder, shock running through him when he saw who was at the wheel.

"Yoongi!" He cried, seeing the boy raise his head from the steering wheel.

The smaller boy didn't look that much better off since the last time Namjoon had seen him, and now he had a trickle of blood running down his forehead form the impact of the crash.

Namjoon knew he had his own injuries to worry about- mainly his shoulder, which was killing him- but in that moment all he cared about was the kitten eyed boy who had just saved him a second time.

"Yoongi!" He sobbed, scrambling to shove a support beam off his back and jump to his feet. His tied hands made things difficult but he managed to yank the side door open and climb inside.

The windshield was a spiderweb of cracks, barely still holding on. Both airbags had exploded, but now had slowly lost most of their air and deflated. The front of the car was crunched like an accordion, but somehow the engine was still running.

"Namjoon!" Yoongi gasped. "Get in!"

Namjoon didn't need to be told twice, slamming the dented door shut behind him.

In front of them, the others were getting to their feet as well.

Seokjin rubbed his head, eyes scanning the debris strewn floor for the mans weapon. He supposed it didn't matter, since the man himself wasn't in a position to fire it. He heard a ringing in his ears and swayed on his feet for a moment before steadying himself. He slowly became aware of shouting.

Jungkook had already recovered and jumped on Holden's back, pinning the man to the ground after the man had tried to make a break for it. He was the source of the shouting, screaming every vile thing he could think of and then some at the disgusting male as he slapped handcuffs on him.

Knowing the younger officer needed to vent his anger out, Seokjin turned his attention to the stolen, damaged car and the two boys inside it.

Stepping over chunks of wall and insulation, Seokjin knocked on the drivers side window.

It promptly shattered and sprinkled glass to the floor.

Seokjin raised an eyebrow and leaned against the frame, peeking in through the window at the two wide eyed boys.

"What did I tell you about safety, Yoongi?" He tsk'ed.

Yoongi blinked, his hands still on the dented wheel.

Namjoon peered around Yoongi to the detective.

"Um, sir? Can I go home now?"

-

Namjoon didn't remember much after being escorted into a new cop car with Yoongi and rushed to a hospital, but when he woke up, Yoongi was asleep beside him on the small cot, and all his injuries had been bandaged up. He was wearing that cheap blue hospital gown, and his left arm was hooked up to an IV.

It took him a moment to realize that not only were his hands finally untied, but the shock collar had been removed as well.

He probably shouldn't have woken up the smaller boy, but Namjoon was overwhelmed with emotion and couldn't help but grab Yoongi up, squeezing him tightly.