16

Yoongi had drawn his knees up to his chest, resting his forehead on his knees with his arms chained to the wall above his head, and he didn't look up when the basement door unlocked and Holden stepped inside.

The man walked over and squatted down in front of Yoongi.

When the boy didn't look up, Holden reached out and grabbed Yoongi's chin, forcing him to lift his head.

Yoongi gazed at him, his eyes red and tired. He had been crying.

"Why did you skip school today?" Holden asked.

Yoongi wondered why he cared about the answer.

"Tell me!" He demanded, digging his nails into Yoongi's skin.

Yoongi winced, trying to turn his head away.
"For Namjoon! To help him!"

"Help him what? Escape?" Holden tightened his grip.

"N-no! To help him get clean, that's all." Yoongi pulled on the chains, rattling them.

Holden studied him, evaluating the answer.

"Namjoon said you did it for me. So that my toy would be freshly washed for when I came home. Is that true?"

Yoongi was confused. Namjoon said that? That was a lie, Yoongi only let Namjoon out for Namjoon's own benefit, not Holden's.

And then he realized why Namjoon was lying- to protect Yoongi. To dilute Holden's anger by saying it had all been done for him.

Once again Yoongi was struck by admiration for the pornstar.

He nodded. "Yes... it's true."

Holden studied him, and Yoongi reluctantly met his eyes.

Finally, the man stood up.

Yoongi watched him leave. He wanted to ask how Namjoon was, and what was happening to him, but he was too scared.

Always too scared.

-

Holden checked his watch as he went back up the stairs. It was time to rinse out the dye.

The boy looked at him as Holden entered the bathroom, watching as he turned on the shower.

"Come on." Holden untied him from the chair but kept the towel in the boys mouth, not wanting to hear him talk again.

Because what he said was true. Holden was jealous.

He had gone through all the work of tracking Namjoon down. Of learning everything about him. He had been the one to do the dirty work of kidnapping him. And yet he had to share his prized possession with his wife.

Because if he didn't, she would get mad.

And when Vylette got mad...she was dangerous.

Which was why Holden wasn't risking it with Yoongi and those photos he claimed to have of Holden's affair.

He leaned the boy over the tub, shoving him under the spray to rinse out the dye.

Vylette had questioned and protested it when Holden had said they wouldn't play with Yoongi anymore, and he had said that Yoongi was old news, he was boring, that they could bring in a new kid and have a way better time.

That had been a hell of a lie, and he still couldn't believe she had agreed to it.

Yoongi had been with them for so long, he knew what to do and what not to do.

To start over with someone else had been annoying, but it was far better than Vylette finding out he was cheating.

So Holden had resorted to finding other kids for him and his wife to play with, all while Yoongi watched with dark eyes whenever he brought a new one home.