35

Seokjin blinked. "You... you know?"

"How?" Jungkook was excited.

"The man... he has a small house out there." Yoongi said, his voice soft, but slowly gaining momentum. "He took me there once, soon after I was first adopted. He was annoyed at the woman because she was nagging him a lot. Finally, late one night on a weekend when she was on a business trip, he pushed me into the car and went down that highway. I remember it because I stared out the window the whole time, reading every sign. I thought I might have a chance to run away now that I wasn't in that house with that security system. But I was too scared to go through with my plan, in the end. But I still remember all those signs I read. I know that's where he brought Namjoon now. He's brought the others there too, before. Whenever the woman was going to be gone for a few days, he would take them there. She doesn't know he bought that place, I think he owned it before they got married so she never found out about it."

Jungkook grinned, looking at Seokjin. "This is perfect- Yoongi can take us there and we can finally save Namjoon!"

But Seokjin wasn't as optimistic. "I don't want to bring Yoongi back into this. He needs to stay here where it's safe, and focus on eating and drinking."

"But there's no way we'll be able to find Namjoon in time without Yoongi's help!" Jungkook argued. "You said it yourself how long it could take, and that the poor kid doesn't have that kind of time."

Seokjin felt frustrated. Could he risk one boys life for another? But if he didn't, Namjoon would surely die.

He faced Yoongi, who was sitting up a little straighter on the hospital cot.

"Can you tell us where the house is? Write down all the signs you remember and we can follow it like a map?"

Yoongi shook his head. "I need to see it to remember it."

"We'll have him stay in the cop car, doors locked and with an armed deputy at all times. Two deputies." Jungkook told his partner. "Holden won't be able to get near him."

"That's still not safe." Seokjin snapped. "There's got to be another way to find the house."

"I want to save Namjoon." Yoongi stated loudly, causing both detectives to look towards him. His eyes narrowed. "I know where he is, and I don't care about anything the man might do to me. I got Namjoon into this mess and I'm going to get him out."

Seokjin knew it was pointless to argue with the kids mindset about this being his fault. Maybe if he participated in the rescue, it would ease his conscience enough to start a healing process.

And they were right- this was the fastest way to get to the kidnapped porn star, and time was not on their side.

Seokjin sighed, placing a hand on his gun. "Fine. You can come with. But you will not exit the vehicle, you will listen to every order me or Jungkook give you without hesitation or arguing, and you will remain within one foot of at least two officers at all times. Is that understood?"

Yoongi nodded feverishly.

"And after Namjoon is saved, you will eat, drink, shower and sleep." Jungkook added.

The smallest of smiles broke out on the kitten eyed boys face.

"Yes, sir."

Fighting a smile of his own, Seokjin felt a buzz of adrenaline. "Alright then, let's go get moonchild."

-

Moonchild woke up to someone kissing him, and he was startled when he forced his eyes open to see Holden leaning over him.