Wolves(4)

Milos pov

It was freezing in London and the ground was frosted over, everything ached as I couldn't stop running.

Declan has talked about the woods, the places he'd hide, before he came to Vance, or where he ran with his siblings, it was his home, but it was almost across town, and it was horridly cold.

I was past the town, past the rush of people, the noise of cars, it was silent and the woods was just ahead, it was dark, I could barely see my hand if I held it in front of me.

I sucked in a breath before continuing walking, finally able to glance up and catch the gaze of the full moon, through the large opening, instead of being towered over with trees.

Suddenly I felt my stomach sink, as a snap of a branch echoed, my stomach sunk, I spun around, I knew it wasn't Declan, he had a warm welcoming feeling. This was dark, and cold, as if I were being targeted.

I glanced around to catch the multiple eyes, deep red watching me from afar.

Immediately I spun around to sprint as fast as I could through the woods, I could hear the echos of what sounded like hundreds of animals behind me, as my chest hurt, I couldn't stop running from the fear, yet the noise was only getting closer.

Not once did I look back, as something sharp grabbed my wrist and yanked me to the ground, it held on and didn't let go, as clearly large wolf pounced onto my frame, making my breath leave my body.

They were swiftly taken out by another fluffy body, my wrist, which I was positive had been detached from my body, was freed from the mouth of the wolf.

I painfully winced as I shoved my self up against a tree, as my chest hurt from gasping trying to catch my breath, a larger grey bodied wolf, had torn limb from limb off the wolf who had pinned me down, as blood coated the larger wolves chest, before his sharp claws had slit across the wolf who held my wrist.

Eventually both wolves were laying lifeless on the ground, completely limp. This time when the larger wolf, glanced back towards me, the fear had settled.

My chest was heaving and my body hurt to even think about moving, as the wolf walked closer to me, he dipped down, pressing his paws into the ground, bowing his head low in front of me, only ten feet away from me or so.

I could hear my pulse pounding in my ear, as the woods went silent, no birds, no crickets, no nothing.

His eyes glanced back up at me entrancing me with those familiar yellow eyes, unlike Declan, his wolf; Nero had a shade of golden haze.

I let out a sigh of relief to before forcing myself off the ground, and flung my arms weakly around his neck, burying my face into his neck, as much as I wanted to enjoy all the warmth, his chest was covered in sticky blood, he nuzzled me off, as he sniffed up and down my body pausing on my wrist, he gave a full body shake, before ushering to his back, before kneeling down for me to climb onto his back.

I dug my fingers into his soft fur as he flew through the woods. The wind feeling extremely freeing.

It was an understatement to say I was uninterested in going back into the house, when I finally slipped off Nero's back.

The crunching of bones filled the air, before shortly after Declan was standing in front of me completely nude while I cradled my wrist.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He shouted loudly making me wince.
I was completely unable to let my gaze wandering knowing that'd be a very dangerous game.

"I-I..." Stumbling out my words, made him sigh, before turning to the door.

"Don't go in." Quickly spitting out my words, he gave me a questioning look.

"Adorjan went into the bloodlust, it's gonna be chaos in there, I can't deal with it right now..." I whispered feeling selfish knowing one of the boys could probably use the extra support, but I didn't have the ability to right now.

"Milo I'm not standing out here naked, let's just slip inside and deal with it later." He mumbled, before slipping inside, I followed quickly after, it wasn't as much chaos as I thought, chatter could be heard from the office but the rest was about normal, the twins were cuddled on the love seat, in the living room, completely crashed out between each other, while blue was on the other couch asleep, next to Eli who was watching the movie.

Declan's muscles flexed as I watched a shirt getting pulled over his body, as I sat on his bed.

"Why were you in the woods?" He stressed, cupping my face. "You don't know how dangerous that is for you and the- the baby! Oh my god! Is the baby okay?" He pulled away and replaced his hands to my belly.

"It's fine for now, there's still movement." I mumbled suddenly feeling extremely guilty, if anything happens to the baby, Declan would never let me live it down.

"You shouldn't have came after me, what if I didn't get to you in time?" His voice was returning to a more neutral tone, thankfully.

"You understand what would happen if I lost you?" He let out a shaky breath.

"Milo, you may not be a wolf, but you're still our mate. Nero would go crazy...like mentally insane, before my heart would shatter. You don't get it." He whispered.

I wanted to scream at him that I did, but I'd never raise my voice at him, I stayed silent, forcing myself to swallow my fear, as I proceeded to listen.

Yet instead of yelling he turned back towards me, grabbing my waist and lifting me up further onto the bed, as he crawled over me, causing my back to hit the mattress as I watched his beautiful brown eyes.

"I'm so glad you're okay." His warm hands squeezed my small waist, traveling up my sides. I exhaled watching him.

My breath was taken away, when he asked lowly.
"When was the last time you fed? Because I missed you...like really missed you."

So I know Haven's home for boys wasn't completely following Kalon, but he was more the main character,
but just know this book in no way will be following just him, and is actually going be more focused on some of the less seen characters from the last book, I'm hoping to touch more with the twins, blue, Elliott, and Andy with his boys also!