Doctor(16)

Declan's pov:

"I had his scent! I know where he's close."
Everyone gathered in the kitchen as Blue watched me with wide eyes.

"Who's close?" Vance leaned against the door frame in a black t shirt, and grey sweat pants holding an empty glass, his voice was scratchy and he did look like shit, like Kalon mention.

"N-no one!" River stuttered. As Kalon completely froze.

I watched Lycus as he looked him he's about to cry, looking at Vance. His bottom lip quivered.
I know River and him were missing Eli like hell.

Vance glanced between us all.

"Eli's close?" He mumbled as he scanned the room.
"Where is he?" Vance asked calmly.

Lycus sniffled as Vance's gaze shot to him.
"Lycus where's Eli-?" He said firmly, Lycus broke instantly.

"Coby! Coby got him days ago and no one wanted to bother you. And I'm scared!"
All of the boys watched Vance with fear. As he nodded almost emotionless.
Vance zoned off into the air, as I watched him carefully.

Vance could see the future, yet he trained himself not to do it, as he disliked using it, as the future can change and it can cause too much anxiety and cause him to breakdown.

He let out a shaky breath, but remained emotionless.
"Nothing..." he whispered under his breath.

"What does that mean?" Fletcher mumbled from next to me.

"He can see the future and-"

"And there's no future for Eli." Vance cut me off as my stomach dropped actually hearing those words leave his mouth.

"He's still alive I had his scent!" My voice broke as I spoke. Not wanting to accept he was dead. Not yet.

"Then we need to leave now." Vance told me, ushering to the door. I immediately turned to leave with Vance as he gave orders.
His voice was still rough, and face was pale, as he pushed through.

"I'm coming too. Please..." River mumbled stepping closer.

"I'll stay." Vance forced a reassuring smile.
"Bring my boy back...please."
He needed the rest it was for the best.

I grabbed Milos wrist, as I pressed my lips to him roughly, he gave me the 'You better return' look. Dipping down I kissed his swollen belly.

Outside in the cold, I shifted, before ushering River to grab on.

I've never sprinted through the woods as fast as I did.

I thought my paw pads had started to bleed from how fast I had been running.

The light rose vanilla filled my nose, faintly, it was weak but it was there.

I slowed my steps before shifting back, with nothing but shorts from River, I began pacing through the trees.

"D-d-Declan..."
River stuttered, my gaze followed his voice, as he pointed to the only patch that had no grass...it was only dirt...

"No...no..." Dropping to my knees as I began to dig through the dirt, my pulse was pounding in my ears.

My body ached as I clawed, suddenly the scent disappeared.
I could hear River crying from behind me.

What if this was pointless? What if there was nothing down here?

I need Eli,

I pulled away for a moment, my fingers throbbing as my nails felt like they were being ripped off.

There's no time Declan!

Breathing heavily as I continued to claw at the cold hard dirt, till my fingers hit something. It was hard.
It was wood.

I almost hoped it wasn't Eli, I thought of him being buried alone...scared, frightened, was terrifying.

I almost prayed it wouldn't be him.

Prying the nailed door open, it was a tiny box, as I thought my fingers were gonna snap, I had never used this much force, as I did now.

There was no scent, I had nothing.
This had to be a trap.

Opening the box, there was a barely recognizable boy, his lips were a faint blue, inside his mouth was a pacifier that had been forcefully held in place as his eyes were shut peacefully. Barb wire had been wrapped around his wrist and some around his torso digging into his perfect body. He was covered in bruises and blood.
I used all my strength to remove the wire, completely tearing up my palms, as my stomach churned, Eli looked like he had been through hell and back.

His cheeks were a bright pale, a lifeless color as I pulled his body out of the box. The wire dug into my
own skin, as I cussed,
It was easier to get the pacifier out of his mouth, it was sick knowing Coby fucked with his little space, this is all something Eli could never recover from...
Once he was free my hands were covered in blood.
Pressing my cheek near his mouth and fingers against his wrist.

"Nothing..." I mumbled, as tears brimmed my eyes. I whipped my cheeks, as slowly placed the heel of my palm against his small frame, interlocking my fingers. Taking a deep breath before I began doing CPR. Holding back my tears so I could see straight.

I've never done this, but I've heard the stories of broken ribs, yet I knew this was life or death and I had to save him.

I could hear River sobbing behind me. I have no idea how long I did chest compressions with no sign of life.

"Eli please! Don't do this to me!" I shouted, as I slammed my fist on the ground.
"Wake up!" I shouted, when there were no signs.

"Declan please...save him..." River choked.

My body was aching and my arms hurt, but I knew I was nothing compared to what he just went through and I couldn't give up.

I continued with the sound of bones breaking beneath me, as his body twitched, making my lips part softly.

"Please Eli...Eliot please I need you. We all do..." I choked as I continued praying to anyone who'd listen.

His eyes slowly fluttered open as tears began to fall.

"Fuck." I let out an exhausted sigh.
As I scooped him up, and pulled him to my chest.

"N-no..." his voice was dry, as he spoke.
"P-pain..." he whispered against my chest, I pulled away the color returning to his lips as River began running his fingers through Eli's hair.

I pressed my lips to his forehead.
"Let's get you back."

"I-I can't walk..." his voice was extremely hoarse and scratchy.

"I've got you love. I've got you..."