The light(40)

Emerson pov:

"Here take these to the table." Milo held out a bunch of forks as I grabbed them, I felt a sudden shock shoot through my body, making me jolt.

"They shocked me..." I whispered laughing softly before taking them, making Milo raise an eyebrow.

"The forks? How?" He said laughing softly, I didn't think much of it, as I followed through setting them down on the table, going back in to help. Next I was handed a stack of bowls, after they were handed to me, I felt it again, this time was stronger like a wave of electricity...feeling the hairs on my arms stand up as I shuddered after, setting the bowls on the table, I felt Milo's soft hands land on my shoulder.

"Emerson? Are you feeling okay?" He asked me softly, his tone was completely laced with concern, I wanted to snap at him about how I was fine...but I knew Vance doesn't like me being snappy...so instead I held back any attitude. Simply nodding, and trying to force a smile.

"Declan is rounding up the rest of the boys-" as Blue came into the room, the small boy just body slammed into me, his arms wrapping around my torso, as my eyes went wide, I held back my stutters as he held onto me. I hesitantly lowered my hands to his back, Adorjan and Kalon we're now sitting at the table, Kalon barely made eye contact with me...as Adorjan simply stayed quiet. Blue calmly pulled away leaving me slightly speechless.

"W-what was that?" I asked softly causing Blue to perk up.

"Oh nothing..." he said with a soft hum, before he sat down, I followed shortly after sitting at the long oak table. I felt that sudden shock hit me again, causing my eyes to roll back as I fought against it, my hands gripping onto the table.

I thought it would stop when it gave me a break, before it suddenly shocked me again, whatever it was slamming through my body, causing my eyes to roll back, everything went dark.

Vance's pov:

I ran downstairs after Lycus came up after me, Declan had gotten the other boys out of the room, the only ones in the room, were Lycus, Milo, and Emerson on the floor. His body convulsed like some form of seizure. Milo was trying to keep his calm as best as possible, "h-he may have hit his head..." Milo said in a panicked tone. "Do you want me to call the doctor?" Lycus said nervously, his arms were wrapped around himself.

"He's not cursed, it'll be faster if I take him in..." he said softly, as I knelt down. He hasn't vomited it...it made it difficult, I barely knew the kid, he could be epileptic for all I was aware of as I scooped him up, off the ground and pulled him into my lap, I was shocked, as if it were some form of electricity...

"Shit..." I mumbled out, Milo glancing up to me. "He shocked me..." speaking softly, before his body began to still, he turned and started to cling onto me.  Occasionally his body jolted, and grabbed my shirt, his eyes fluttered open, in a half lidded look.

"'Em? Look at me..." I said softly, as he groaned, looking up towards me, so he was responsive and processing what I was saying...

Quickly I brought him into my office where I could set him on the couch. The shock was strange, like some form of static electricity...but through his body.

He jolted another moment, this time my hands were off him, he whimpered after the shock had passed, before I knelt closer to him, running my fingers through his hair, as he turned into my touch.

"Emerson...? Can you hear me?" I asked softly, I was absolutely lost, he looked fine...maybe a little tired, but otherwise he was fine.

He nodded in response, as I let out a soft sigh, almost as a breath of relief. "Are you epileptic?" I asked softly running through any other symptoms I may have missed, also while making a mental note to get Emerson in for an exam...whether he was my boy or not, I'd treat him like the rest...

"N-no..." he whispered softly, like his throat was dry, as he reached over and scratched at his forearm.

"Milo?" I called out. "Water bottle, please?" Asking softly, as he brought it into the room, shortly after, I smiled up at him. As he sat down on the ground next to me.

"What happened?" I asked glanced between both boys. "It was like you had a seizure..." speaking softly, while trying to figure out the truth between both of the two boys.

"We were just sitting there..." Milo said softly as he hugged his knees to his chest, Emerson had almost a guilty...maybe embarrassed look on his face as I started to question if he knew something else.

"Emerson?" I asked soft, as his dark brown eyes.

"I-I don't know..." Emerson whispered before he was cut off by my phone ringing.

"Can you sit with him?" I asked softly as Milo nodded, moving closer to take over my spot, the sky has grown ridiculously dark, as rain started tapping on the window, I stepped out of the room leaving Milo with Emerson.

"Hello?" The line was completely dead, making my stomach sink slightly, before there was loud screaming... I rushed into the room, to see Milo pale and white as a ghost, while Emerson was gone.

"Portal! He's gone!" Milo was trembling, as he shook his head rushing over to me. I grabbed his biceps softly. "Breathe...talk to me..." I said in a panic.

"There was a light! It was aggressive, there was just a phone ringing..." he rambled out, with eyes wide as he rambled off to me.

"Jesus christ..." I groaned, growing frustrated and absolutely lost, he wasn't even mine, and now I needed to figure out a way to get him back...

Do I even go after him...? Blue has taken such a liking to him...and I know the boys care about him...my head started pounding...

Now fucking what?...