Leave(30)

Vance's pov:

Tugging Emerson into my office, with the fuzzy blanket hanging over the couch, I wrapped him in it. Ushering him to sit, the poor boy looked fragile and extremely thin.

He also looked like he was on the verge of crying.

"I-I don't like secrets..." he whispered softly. "They were used against me as a kid...a lot." He revealed as he shivered. I moved closer and wrapped an arm around him, rubbing his upper arm softly, trying to help him stay warm.

"Then let me tell you our secrets," I spoke softly as he leaned away from me giving me the hint.

"Everything...I-I can't stay if I find out there's a secret. My trust issues will get to me." I nodded before I told him everything.

He had some amazing questions, I watched his cheeks flush red at some points.

"You don't have to be involved in any way, but I want you to be aware of our relationship and know that we do care for you."
He looked down and it took me a minute to notice.
He was crying.

"Oh, Emerson..." I pulled him to my chest as he continued to cry. Rubbing his back softly.

"I want to be clean Vance..." he whispered, as I furrowed my eyebrows. That could have so many different meanings.

"What do you mean darling?" I asked calmly, as he reached into his pocket, pulling out four small vials with an open palm.

"I don't want it...but I crave it..." his voice had become scratchy as he hurried his face into my chest.

Cautiously I took the items out of his hands. "I'm gonna dispose of these - and any other...items you have, return them to my desk." I felt him nod, as he sniffled.

"If you're okay with it - I'm gonna make my boys aware, then when you are craving it - struggling, you can go to either one of them."

I patted his arm, making him wince, as I did, connecting the dots as to why he made the noise he did.

"Is it infected? The injection site?" I asked as he shrugged, pulling away from me and sitting up straight.

"Can I look?"

"W-will you be upset?" He whispered softly. "I know, I should've been more responsible and used proper-"

"No love." I cut him off. "I will not be upset with you," I said as I began to slip the hoodie off his frame, he sat slightly sideways to give me better access.

The sight made me nauseous, it was completely black and blue, with multiple small red injection stabs.

"Let me clean this up okay, I have an antibiotic; I can give you also..."

Pulling out the small box from my desk as I cleaned the wound, he hissed slightly, I continuously praised him while I worked.

"There." I dipped down to kiss his forehead softly watching the red spread across his cheeks like wildfire.

"I do think you owe Blue an apology..." He nodded pushing off the couch.

"Thank you...for everything." He whispered.

As I made my way downstairs, I could hear voices, upset voices, as they grew louder with frustration towards each other before the sound of shattering glass.

"Shit..." I ran downstairs and the sight in front of me...

River's hands were a frosted blue, and he trembled slightly, Lycus was standing in front of him shattered glass covering the table and floor, as Kalon stood in the doorway.

"Woah, okay Jack Frost...that's the second cup this week Riv...what's going on...?" Lycus asked as Kalon came close and took Rivers's hands in his own.

He was warming his hands back up so River didn't cause damage to his fingers.

"I didn't mean to!" He said defensively as I raised my eyebrows, taking a step back.

"You're frustrated right now..." I stated the obvious as he ripped his hands away from Kalon.

He stormed upstairs, as Lycus went to follow after him. I followed closely, as he had his knees up to his chest.

"I'm sorry..." Lycus whispered as I leaned against the doorframe.

"Fuck off!" He said loudly his head on his knees.

"What happened?" The twins were known for having regular sibling arguments, as they were basically related.

River glanced at Lycus before glaring at me.
"He started complaining about Emerson being allowed in and out...and I-"

"It's not fair that we're stuck here by law and Emerson just gets to come and go whenever the fuck he wants!" He threw his hands up into the air.

"River..." Lycus whispered as his hands started turning a soft blue, clear overwhelmed and frustrated.

We both stepped closer to the boy, "okay breathe- you're not gonna get anywhere if you freeze your hand off..." I whispered, placing my hand on his thigh.

"It's not fair..." he whispered looking up and me like a lost puppy.

"Why is this bothering you all the sudden? Do you want to leave?" I asked breathlessly.

"I-No..." he stuttered, I caught the stutter before he covered it up. "No I want to be here, with all of you...it's just like, a burning reminder...that I'm stuck here. No matter what anyone says. But Emerson...we'll he can go wherever, whenever..." he said his voice breaking.

I hummed before wrapping my arms around him and pulling him to my chest.

"I'm sorry River, Emerson is powerless, you are this magical unique person, and I love you for who are are. But because of it, your ability. The government requires you stay..." I rubbed his back softly.

"It's not an 'ability'" he mocked. "It's a curse...I'm just a freak."

"Hey." I pulled away to cup his face, I gently rubbed his cheekbones as Lycus sat down next to him.
"Do not say that." I whispered. "You are not a freak..."

"I need you River...I wouldn't make it without you here..." Lycus spoke making River pull away and wrap his arms around him. Making me smile, I couldn't bare to watch any of my boys upset, and I understand his hurt, and there's simply nothing I can do...