Scent(14)

Kalon's pov:

Days have gone by, Vance is still sick, with no signs of improvement, we've rarely slept, I haven't seen Vance out of bed, he doesn't want anyone near him, as he doesn't want them to be sick.

It was early in the morning, with no signs of Declan, while he tries to get a scent, everyone tried to sleep, yet it was extremely difficult.

I slept in Adorjan's room with Milo and him, when I heard a crash. With all the mishap I woke up immediately, getting out of bed to figure out what the noise was.

The cold hardwood sent shivers up my spine. I could hear faint water running, as I went into Vance's room, with his bed empty.

Pacing myself as I walked into his bathroom;
Vance was weakly sitting against the back wall, he had nothing but a towel around his waist as he was pale in the face, besides the dark rings under his eyes with a sickly tinge.

He had sweat dripping off his forehead, a hand wrapped around his stomach. Yet his body was shivering.

"Fuck!" I mumbled crashing down next to him, before he shook his head, leaning towards the toilet, and dry heaving, practically hugging the bowl. I rubbed his back, in attempt to support him.

His shoulders roll with an exhausted gag, before he was leaning against his arm, a thin string of saliva from his lip, as his eyes shut slowly.

"What's going on? Did you shower?" I asked in a slight panic, running my fingers through my hair.

"I-I was freezing..." he panted before his body tenses as he dry heaved into the bowl, having nothing in his stomach to empty other than acid fluids.

I pressed my palm to his forehead.

"You have a fever." I mumbled to myself before getting a damp cloth.

"I-I'm fine..." he whispered in a husky tone. Making me shake my head.

"No fuck! You're not! And I don't wanna hear it!" I shouted a little too loudly, as I pressed my palms into my eyes trying to calm myself. But in reality I wanted to break down and cry.

Eli was missing, and I couldn't tell Vance while he continued growing sicker.

I've felt like Eli was missing because of me, now Vance is sick and it's all my responsibility. So the others can help find Eli, and everything is crumbling and falling apart at my feet.

Vance leaned against the wall again, I pressed my forehead against his shoulder, as my chest hiccuped, my shoulders tended as I started to cry. Hot tears streamed down my face, they turned into chokes, as I tried to breathe through the tears.

"Darling..." he mumbled. "Why are you crying?"

"I-I don't know what to do..." I whispered.
"We need you. I-I don't know what to do...you always tell us..." He laughed weakly rubbing my back lightly, with the little strength he had.

"Kalon, go into the medicine cabinet and get me the acetaminophen..." he said softly, I nodded, he had no idea there was more to my break down than just him being sick...

I sniffled popping two small pills into my hand and handing it to him.
"Wait but you have nothing left in your stomach..." I whispered.

"You can run and grab me some crackers if you'd like..." he said before turning to cough into his arm. The sound just made me ache for him.

I couldn't imagine what will happen if we lose him.
There'll be nothing left for us. We'd lose everything.
Our home, our lovers, our safe space...

I quickly got up and ran downstairs rummaging through the cabinets.

Till I found some saltine crackers, I ran them upstairs, to find Vance leaning against the wall.

"I'm gonna help you up, so you can get back into bed." I mumbled almost to myself, knowing I needed the strength to lift Vance, as he was much taller than me and close to double my weight.

Slipping my hands under his arms to get him to his feet, before ducking under his shoulder, I tried my best not to seem weak, as I stumbled into his bedroom, holding him up.

He slightly plopped onto the bed, I handed him the crackers, before handing him his boxers as he still only had the towel from his shower.

"Is everyone asleep? Did I wake you?"
His voice was scratchy, I handed him the cup of water next to his bed.

"You did. But that's okay - I would want to make sure you were okay anyway."

"I miss everyone...I'd hate to get Blue or Eli sick...would you lay with me?" His voice was very questioning as if he guessed I'd say no. Yet I nodded and crawled into his bed, the comfort was nice, yet the fear and panic of where Eli was had my heart racing.
He wrapped his arms around me, pulling my
small frame into his chest.

His hand moved up and down on my back in a comforting manner.

I felt warm being in his arms, yet I started to question if I just told him his boy was missing.
Maybe everything could be saved.

Yet Vance may become stressed out, become even more sick.

I heard his soft breaths turn into a peaceful sleep. As I slipped out of bed. Knowing I wouldn't be able to sleep, decided to make myself a cup of coffee.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see something in the distance as it got closer it was Declan's grey wolf, his paws were slamming against the ground before he shifted back to his human form with the crunch of bones, completely nude.

Letting out a shaky sigh, he slipped on the set of clothes on the porch set for this reason. His hands were trembling as I rushed to the door.

His chest was rising and falling quickly, his hands were shaking.
My panic set in, my heart has never beat so fast.
"K-Kalon! Kalon...I got his scent...but I couldn't find him. We need to go. Now."