Daddy issues(32)

Declan's pov:

I will admit having Eliza here made me nervous, and I knew it wasn't just me. But I kept my cool when I was told, and kept Milo close to me all night, the following morning was when Vance went to pick her up, but it was only for a night.

She had no idea Milo was pregnant, and he wasn't going to be able to hide it, he was due scarily soon.

Milo laid in bed when we heard the front door shut, I made my way downstairs to greet her.

She had the same blue eyes as Milo, with long blonde hair, that went to the middle of her back - I could see her eyes scanning the room.

Eli came in looking for Vance and froze when he saw her.

"O-oh we're having guests." He whispered.

"Oh, you're not carrying your little teddy bear everywhere now?" Eli's face fell. As Vance cleared his throat.

"N-no..." Eli whispered, before giving Vance a beady eyes look, as he turned and ran upstairs.

Milo came down the stairs, his hands on his stomach.

"What the fuck...?" She mumbled.

"Hi Eliza..." Milo smiled, which was definitely forced as he made his way down the stairs.

"Why are you...fat?" She said it with a disgusted look, whispering it as if it were a bad thing.

"I-I'm pregnant...surprise." She whispered, as I stepped closer to Milo, as she gave me a glare.

"I thought you were going in for surgery...to remove that...curse."

He shook his head, Milo and I have never discussed him going in for a hysterectomy.

"Mm - well congratulations..." she said lowly, she didn't seem very excited.

Emerson came down the stairs, with the twins in front of him.

"Hello Eliza..." River spoke first,

She smiled at them. "Boys. It's been awhile."
They both nodded as Emerson leaned against the wall.

She scoffed before looking him up and down and glancing to Vance, making Emerson become tense and push off the wall.

"You just let anyone in here? He's clearly on something. That's disgusting..." she crossed her arms over his chest. I watched Emerson carefully, as he balled his hands into first.

He jumped like he was gonna attack her, I stepped in front of him, grabbing his wrist.

"Em..." I said in a warning tone, as he looked up at me, with these hurt eyes, with a forced emotion, as he covered up his hurt with anger.

He wanted to appear tough, to stand up for himself, but behind that tough guy act. He was hurt.

"Eliza! You can't say that shit..." Milo pinched the bridge of his nose.

"No it's fine..." Emerson mumbled as she snickered. "I mean Milo, you're gonna have a baby running around some drug dealer...? Just doesn't seem safe..."

Emerson pulled his wrist away from me quickly, as he rushed upstairs, I glanced to Milo, as he nodded to go after him.

As I followed after hearing the bathroom door shut and lock.

Vance told me everything, about Emerson's issues.

"Emerson?"

I heard a sniffle, before an aggressive response.

"What?" He snapped harshly making me sigh, he was putting defenses up...

"Can you let me in Em?" There was a click of the door before I could hear his back hit the wall.

I opened the door slowly, as his head was buried against his knees.

"You don't need to listen to her, seriously she's a lowlife piece of shit." I spit harshly kneeling in front of him, when he looked up at me I could see quick tears slipping down his pale skin, his freckled cheeks, as I cupped his face.

"No! She's right...I-I have no place being here. I'm a drug and I'm throwing off your relationship." He said loudly. "It's taking everything in me not to run..."

"Please don't run." Was the first thing I needed to address. I sat down in front of him.

"This is what she does, every time she's here, she says she'll change, she convinces Vance or Milo, and she's here. It's been years since the last time, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last. Just...please don't run..."

"She was right Declan!" He shouted. Making me grab his chin roughly, giving him a look, a dominant look. His cheeks lit up a bright red, as he shook his head. "N-no...I-I am just a druggie...I'm just on something...I don't even have my own personality it's all controlled I-" he out out an mpf sound, as my lips pressed to his making him shut up.

Before my hand slid down to his neck, holding the base of it, I could feel him melting into me, before he jumped "I-I you can't do that!" He argued as he pulled away. Pushing his hands against my chest. "Y-you have a boyfriend! You don't like me, and I'm a druggie!" He spit quickly.

"'Em...em, yes I have a boyfriend, I have multiple." I laughed. I knew he was aware of our relationship, Vance said he had told Emerson everything. "But it may benefit you...if it was something you'd consider..." 

"I-no!" His eyes went wide with panic. "I-I'm not..." he whispered, as my face fell slightly.

"Oh...okay..." I nodded letting go of the boy and sitting back. He reached up to scratch as his arm. Before I grabbed his wrist, he looked up at me as tears started to form.

"Maybe I should go..." Emerson whispered, just before.

Vance came into the bathroom, looking for us, his face softened when he saw us both. "Shit you're crying." He knelt down next to me. "I already told her that wasn't okay for her to say..." before he tugged Emerson into his lap, who surprisingly melted into his chest, but Vance knew how to play comfort and safe space.

I watched as Vance rubbed his back softly comforting the boy, while Emerson's small frame shook slightly while he cried.
"She's right though, I'll never be able to get clean..." He whispered softly, while his hands trembled against his chest, while my heart just shattered for the hopeless boy.
"That's not true, we won't let you use...and we'll be right here when it gets hard or if you happen to relapse..." he spoke softly, nodding against Vance, it looked like he wanted to protest but chose against it.

I watched carefully, with how comfortable he was towards Vance. How quickly he was able to make the boy feel at ease, by the way Emerson reacts, I can totally understand his daddy issues.

Something I'll never let my kid have, a thing none of us will let my child have.

Y'all may be getting a one shot here, we're having too much drama and not enough smut...ugh! Lol!:)