Shopping(10)

Lycus' pov:

The sun was shining through my window as I rolled over, feeling slightly trapped as River's arms were wrapped around my body. I peeled him off before stepping onto the hardwood floor.

"S-shit..." I mumbled, my legs trembling after last night. I went downstairs to an almost empty and silent house.
Which was rare...

Vance was making himself a cup of coffee.
Walking over and leaning against his side, Vance hummed sleepily and wrapped an arm around me.

"Good morning, gorgeous."
I smiled against him. "Late night...?"

Vance signed with a nod.

"In fact I'm calling a meeting over it...once the rest wake up. Andy is coming over today." He told me, I decided to make myself toast while the rest woke up.

Eventually he called the meeting at the table.
Blue was sitting on his lap, snuggling close. While the rest of us sat around the table, while River's hand kept ending up on my thigh.

"So a few of us are aware what happened yesterday afternoon, we had a...trespasser. I have no idea what they want...but while I want everyone to remain calm, and know I will be moving forward on this issue. Camera's are being installed tomorrow, and I'll be taking extra precautions when it comes to the gate at the end of the pavement..."

There was a knock at the door as Vance held a finger out, not wanting any of us to get it. While moving Blue to a chair.

"I got it - I'm not afraid, I'll protect my pack..." Declan shrugged going to get the door, letting Andy inside with his boys.

Vance finished his speech, before asking if we had any concerns. Before Vance and Andy disappeared into the office.

I followed after Eli, Blue and River.
As we went downstairs to play some games and keep our mind off things, I couldn't help but notice how spaced Eli was, if only I had his power.

I wondered what was going through his mind.
I rushed upstairs getting the new paddle I got for table tennis, yet I stopped when I heard something slam against one of the many bathroom doors.

I raised my fist to knock before I could hear heavy breaths.
"Is everything okay?"

"Mmhm!" I could tell it was Fletcher, I panicked what if she slipped with her bad ankle? I'd feel terrible.

"Can I come in?"

"I-I-...mmhm..." she panted as I opened the door I could see her whole body trembling against the wall as her crutches were placed neatly as if it were intentional.

Her chest continued to rise and fall, as she shook, her hands out in front of her.
Before clutching her chest.

"Uhm - Fletcher? C-can you speak?"
She attempted to take a breath which came out choked, clearly unable to speak.

"Uhm o-okay. So let's breath. I want you to breath in for four seconds hold, then hold for two, and exhale for four? I-I'll do it with you."
I took her hands in mine and did the breathing, getting her to do it with me.

"Great again but with 6 seconds." I smiled as I was able to get her to do it all the way with 10 seconds and 5 in between.

I had to admit I was proud of myself, she leaned forward and gave me a gentle hug.
"T-thank you, Lycus. I-Im sorry..."

"Sorry? For what?" I smiled, just happy I could calm her down.

"For being a burden."

"Never, what triggered you?"

"J-just some things from my last home...I get anxiety and I-I don't know. Homesick?...can you get homesick if you don't have a 'home...'" she mumbled as a soft red coated her cheeks.

I sighed knowing this was the perfect conversation for me.

I laughed, softly. "I-I didn't feel like I was at 'home', till I met River...because we're just that close..." I added at the end to not be suspicious

"Sometimes 'home' isn't walls and a roof, sometimes it's a structure...but not always physical...a-a support system..." I whispered as I considered all the times Vance and the rest of the boys were my home...my structure.

"I have an idea - let's get you out of the house..." I ushered her to follow me, as I ran into Vance's office., where Vance and Andy were talking.

"Sir...I want to take Fletcher out!"

"You would?" He laughed raising an eyebrow.

"Yes! A-and girls like shopping, do you think we could go to the mall..." I thought quickly, not really having any idea what they like but I guessed.

"You'd like to take Fletcher shopping?" He asked slowly clearly considering the risks.

"I'll let you go...but you need to take one of the older boys with you..." He said crossing his arms.

"Mmm...Fine."

Both Adorjan and Kalon came with, we agreed on meeting back at the foodcourt.

"It's been ages since I was at a mall." Fletcher said softly glancing around as I smiled at her.

"Vance gave us his card with a budget, but he doesn't normally care if there's something you really like." I smile.

We continued to shop, touching all the soft fabrics as I got a taste of her style.

"I-I was in a home, where it was uniform only...the devious thing to do was play dress up instead of sleep..." Fletcher told me shyly, as we left one of the stores, listening to her talk about her homes.

"Hey! You!" The store associates followed us out of the store.
The confrontation made my heart start to speed up.

"Yes?" Fletcher asked softly.

"I saw that! You trannies came into my store and I'm missing a valuable necklace!"

"Woah what's going on?" Adorjan stepped behind me, making me jolt into his chest as he scared me.

"Your kids stole from my store!" He shouted grumpily.

Our gaze fell to Fletcher. Her face went pale.
"Fletcher did you-?" Adorjan started.
"Y-you just assume it was me?" Her voice broke as her gaze softened.

"No fletcher-" Adorjan started his voice softening before he turned back to the man.

"Sir, I'm sorry - you must have the wrong person..." Adorjan said softly.

"Lemme see your pockets!" He said grabbing Fletchers wrist.

"Let go of her before I call the cops...or worse..." Adorjan growled lowly his eyes flickering a deep red before he stepped in front of Fletcher...

He sighed in complete annoyance, before stomping away.

"Let's get out of here..." Kalon said softly before glancing at me with a unsure look.