Crates(26)

Vance's pov:

Having breakfast outside was extremely grounding - after being out of it for so long it was refreshing to reconnect.

I finished helping the boys clean up when I started some paperwork, there was a knock at the door, and the small brunette, with icy blue eyes came into the room, I gave him a soft smile as he pranced over, I placed my hand on Kalons hips.

"What's wrong?" I smiled softly he just put his hands on my shoulders and straddled waist before he laid his head on my shoulders instead.

"Cuddles..." he whispered I laughed as I turned back to my work after about five minutes I realized he was sleeping.

I held him while working for about an hour before Adorjan had came into my office looking for him, he quietly picked up the sleeping boy and carried him off like a child. It was almost middle of the day - it was strange Kalon had been as exhausted as he was, so quick to fall asleep, hopefully he wasn't also becoming sick.

Eventually I went off to find Emerson and shortly after we were on our way to crates. I couldn't help but notice how nervous Emerson was.

His leg didn't stop bouncing the entire time, his eyes went wide when we pulled up.

"A b-bar? W-wait are you drinking?" He whispered softly, glancing at him I could see his eyes were wide with fear.

"No...I don't have too..." I said softly looking at him, as he didn't respond but sunk back into his seat.
When we got inside, he moved closer to me slightly I could tell he was nervously as he fiddled with something in his pocket.

"I-I need the restroom..." he tugged at my sleeve I caught sight of Andy.

"I'll go with."

"O-oh I'm fine."

"I don't want you alone."
I placed a hand on the small of his back and led him back. I sat outside waiting for him, for a few minutes, when he came out he was calmer and less anxious.

When we were back at the bar, I saw my brother helping another customer. But when he saw me, he made his way over.

"They placed another one with you?" He said laughing, throwing his black dish towel over his shoulders.

"No Eli found him..."

"Okay so when I ask you to take a boy under the government I get told no..." he said with a fake pout as he referred to Felix his Neko, he took in...eventually.

"I knew he needed you." I smiled softly, I could see my little brother blush, as he took his black lip ring between his teeth.

"Do you drink?" He asked Emerson, who's eyes lit up and eagerly nodded.

"No." I cut in. "He's underage. He can't drink."

"Big man...I was on a bridge like less than a week, I can have a drink...send the cops after me..." he threw his hands up in a dramatic 'It's no big deal' manner.
I grabbed his chin softly, putting my other hand on his waist pulling him into my chest.

The hand on his waist traveling to the small of his back protectively.

"I won't call the cops - I'll just take care of it myself."

His eyes went wide as he looked away, I could see a soft blush even in the dim light.

He shoved my chest roughly.
"Pft yeah right. Like you have time for me." He rolled his eyes before turning to Andy.

"Emerson." He smiled. "Can I do lemonade with a couple shots of vodka?" He said before I had a chance to turn down his negative thinking.

My tongue pressed against the roof of my mouth before it made a clicking noise.

Andy gave me a smirk before shrugging, and pouring him a drink.

Emerson's energy was something I've never seen before. It's completely different then the rest, there's less sadness or even trauma.
It's more hate and...revenge, even rebellion.

As he waited at the bar, I stood closely behind him.
Slowly I slipped my hands back where they were on the small of his back before dipping to his neck.

"Try me...you may not be walking away afterwards."

"Maybe I will...maybe I'll run first." He pressed his lips too my cheek before taking the drink to his lips and turning to smile at Andy.

I rolled my eyes before listening to Andy's newest drama, giving my best attempt at advice, we went into some of the financial problems as my company has been financing crates for a few years now.

As Emerson started to zone off, as I glanced next to me.

"Are you alright?" I asked softly as his gaze slowly shifted to mine, as he gave me a smile and a quick nod.

As I turned back to Andy shortly I felt Emerson leaning his head against my shoulders, wrapping my arms around him as I felt him start to go limp, at this point I was practically holding him up.

"I-I don't feel so good..."

"...that's okay, you don't look so good. Do you want to leave?" I asked softly, as I turned to face him completely

"That's rude." He hummed. "I always look good." He said in almost a drunk manner.

"What was in that?" I turned to Andy, as he shook his head.
"Nothing - just how it would normally be made." He said slightly defensively. "Is he okay?" 

"I-I feel sick..." He whimpered looking up at me.

Andy pulled out a plastic bag in case he threw up.
"Can you walk or do I need to carry you?"

"I can walk." He said with a slight glare, offended I thought he couldn't.

As we started to leave the bar I felt him start increasing the amount of weight, he had on me, looking over to see his eyes roll back I was able to catch him before he hit the ground.