Emerson(20)

Vance's pov:

It was been three days since Fletcher has left us - with another meeting with her GPS worker, multiple contracts and a long talk with her.

I've never been put in this position, but I do hope she finds a more suitable home, but knows she has a place to rely on.

There's a bit more room for me to breathe knowing I no longer have to hide my actual feelings for the boys. 
While Lycus and River are making out on the couch in the open again.
I've allowed Kalon his permission with Adorjan, so they've been extra heated lately, which I loved homing Fletcher I also loved seeing my boys being intimate.

As the sun started to set,
I knocked on Eli's door, he was in a seated position holding the soft new stuffy I gave him.
"Hey Eli..." I whispered softly stepping closer.

He perked up slightly, it's been hard to get him to eat, he has been talking more - while hearing the stories makes me sick - I do think it's helping.

"I'm going off to town to get your meds, why don't you come with?" I asked softly.
He's slipped into little space once with me, his little side isn't ruined, it's just scared.
It was amazing, and it seemed to help.

"C-can I bring my penguin?" He whispered, looking up softly, I hated that I didn't recognize the boy, it wasn't my bright bubbly Eliot, I needed to realize I failed my Eli, it was my fault.

I smiled to see the slight shift in mood, as I nodded, he got out of bed wincing slightly, I walked over and slipped a hand around his waist.

"It'll be a quick errand and good for you to get out of the house."
I told him softly as I helped him into the car - the ride was quiet while he played with the penguin quietly.

After picking up his meds, I decided to take the back roads home, it was the first time I had seen Eli out of bed, he still looked roughly, but he looked...okay...

I glanced over to his watching him slightly, before he sat up straight. He hit my arm repeatedly.

"Vance! Vance, stop!" He said loudly as I looked ahead panicking.

"What?!" I pulled over the side to see a figure on a top of a bridge.

"Shit." I throw my car in park when Eli is practically already out of the car.

"What are you doing?" I follow after him, as he ran over to the bridge halfway onto it where the boy had climbed onto the rails.

"Hey!" Eli called out.
It was high, the boy would have no chance surviving the fall, he had bleach blonde hair, with dark outgrown roots showing, he had a smaller figure, similar to Kalon, he wasn't as tall as the older boys but wasn't as small as Blue or even Eli, I could see his chest rising and falling as Eli glanced to me with wide eyes.
When he turned to face us I could see his dark eyes, that were bloodshot, and how he had freckles scattered across his face.

"Don't do this..." Eli said much softer, I could see him gazing off.

"You're scared aren't you..." I knew he had been reading his mind, from the way Eli spoke.

"No I'm not! It's my time." His voice was scratchy, he sounded like he's been smoking or maybe is sick. His foot slipped, as he gasped grabbing the metal with evident fear.

"No!" Eli moved closer, as the boys chest rose and fell. He pulled himself up before taking a deep breath.

"Come with us...we'll help you!"
Eli said as he watched him.

"I'll call the cops...don't let him jump."
I told Eli softly, as he nodded.

"No! Don't do that!" The boy cried out - I furrowed my eyebrows.

Eli glanced between the boy and I.
"Then step down and he won't." The boy looked at me before back and Eli, I nodded to tell him it was true.

He stepped down with a shaky breath, when I was able to get a better look to see the blood staining his sweatshirt.

"Are you hurt? Do you need medical attention?" I asked softly as Eli walked close to him.

"I-I can't go to the hospital..." he breathed out towards Eli, his hands still trembling.

"We won't take you to the hospital, but we can help you, come with us." His gaze fell to his feet as he mumbled words that I couldn't understand.

"Fuck...o-okay." I watched as he stumbled over his feet, as Eli helped him to the car.

We both sat in the front seat, as I glanced in the rear view mirror.

"Y-you guys aren't murders right?" I glanced at Eli to see him zone out, indicating he was reading his mind.

"It's okay - we won't hurt you." Eli said softly, I couldn't help but think about how he was afraid of us killing him but he was ready to jump off the bridge.

"I'm Eli...that's Vance..." Eli told him before I cut in.
"I run an all boys home, you'll be welcomed I promise."
He glanced up at me showing his dark brown eyes.
"I-I'm Emerson..."
He shyly glanced away as Eli smiled at the boys soft tone.

"How old are you Emerson?" I asked glancing in the rear view music, I wanted to see his future but I stopped myself...needing to trust him, I don't need more stress, it'll put me into an anxiety attack.

"I just turned eighteen..."
He said softly digging in his pocket pulling out an empty pack of cigarettes, before roughly shoving it back into his pocket crumpling it up.

When we got there Eli got out to help the boy inside.
"It could be chaos when we get inside..." I told the boy letting him in.
I just knew he would be overwhelmed the second we got home.